Drill Spoiler Delete trunk or not....

RookieDDZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have always like the spoiler look. I got my 'new to me' 2017 almost a year ago with the spoiler delete option, and it does look good. I'm having thoughts on what to do:

Look for a used spare trunk and drill that one, keeping the original for whatever
Just man up and drill the original trunk

I like the GT350 or GT500 spoiler and nothing like a race wing. But is drilling the original trunk a big issue for resale or anything? I like having the option of having two trunks, but I probably would never use the spoiler delete trunk. I'm kind of stuck. Help me out with some options.
Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Third option, shop around to see if someone with the same color wants a spoiler delete and might swap you?

OP
OP
RookieDDZ

RookieDDZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yeah, they are not hard to find. And the car is not rare. It's just is very clean with no miles. I have the window sticker, so it would be nice to have everything it came with.
I just have too many options. Damn it :)

Sponsored

sleepykona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daara
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Imo, find another trunk.

It does depend on which spoiler you plan on going with. Cuz if you were to go with something like the pp1 spoiler, you would want a trunk with predrilled holes. But if you want something similar to the gt350, you would need a trunk without holes. Also, you never know if you wanna change it in the future.

I just recently had my factory spoiler removed so I can install my ac gt350 spoiler. Which is leaving holes in the center of my trunk. I had them filled with some simple bumper plugs that I paint matched just for the time being. I do personally plan on getting a new trunk for my car very soon as the plugs kinda bug me

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
The side profile of the Mustang is perfect without spoilers.
Any change can only be an disimprovement.

From there I would take a replacement tailgate for it.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Free shipping, correct color, and already correctly drilled for factory spoiler. Just one example but a clean trunk lid usually goes for about $400. I bought an extra trunk lid myself to mount a factory GT350 Track Pack spoiler and keep my original spoiler delete trunk as is.

Silver trunk lid
Sponsored