Door Defroster "Shield"

the_rage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
This is regarding the little defroster vents on the doors intended to defrost the side windows. Whenever the air is on, I can feel a slight breeze from that vent blowing on my head. As ridiculous as it sounds, I find it incredibly annoying. Has anyone seen any kind of shield or blocker that blocks the air from blowing into the car and directs it only at the window?
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Open the door and stuff some foam or something else inside the round air duct that connects to the dash.

OP
OP

the_rage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Open the door and stuff some foam or something else inside the round air duct that connects to the dash.
I'm not looking to block it completely, just direct the air coming out of that vent to ONLY go towards the window.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Even if you redirect it towards the window it will likely still be felt on your head, you are only inches from the window anyway. It's probably better to cruise around in auto mode or with the air directed at the panel/heater after you defrost anyway to avoid the noise from the defroster duct.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I'm not looking to block it completely, just direct the air coming out of that vent to ONLY go towards the window.
Open cell foam will reduce the airflow.