Sponsored

DON'T DO IT: non-catted LT's, x pipe, Roush AB

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
This thread has me trying to figure out how to keep everything quiet when I get long tube headers and delete the cats. I am not a fan of daily driving cars that sound loud under normal acceleration lol. Stock is already bad enough!
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This thread has me trying to figure out how to keep everything quiet when I get long tube headers and delete the cats. I am not a fan of daily driving cars that sound loud under normal acceleration lol. Stock is already bad enough!
Anything you do with LTs will be very loud under normal acceleration.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Then you'll definitely need at least a couple aftermarket resonators. There's everything from the Dynomax Race Bullets which will clear out the rasp without altering the volume or aggressive of the exhaust note. All the way to installing a pair of Solo Performance Stealth Mufflers and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonators, which will have your car LS460 luxury quiet.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Hey soooooo what about DOUBLE H-pipes? Kinda like double xpipes.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase

Beerdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GTPP
I had this set up for about 2 weeks. I now have a barely used Corsa Extreme catback sitting out back. It sucks because I really like the sound of the Corsa on a car with stock manifolds and cats, but with catless long tubes it's just stupid loud and not pleasant.

video please. I was thinking of the non-catted corsa extreme plus longtubes. change my mind with a video.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I had this set up for about 2 weeks. I now have a barely used Corsa Extreme catback sitting out back. It sucks because I really like the sound of the Corsa on a car with stock manifolds and cats, but with catless long tubes it's just stupid loud and not pleasant.
I'd put the stock manifolds back on, but that's just me. One of the reasons no headers in my future. The sound is worth more than a little bit of HP.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I'd put the stock manifolds back on, but that's just me. One of the reasons no headers in my future. The sound is worth more than a little bit of HP.
Why not keep the headers and add cats? It's still bananas, but a little less bananas than catless.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Why not keep the headers and add cats? It's still bananas, but a little less bananas than catless.
Very little gains to go through all that work. You could buy headers with green cats to get the same effect. Most (2/3 of it) of it comes from removing the restriction of the cats. The rest is from the harmonics of the header primary lengths and collector design.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I've read that Ford did a really good job on the 15-17 cats. Very little restriction.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name