Sponsored

Does your Mustang's seat lumbar support suck?

Fishels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium performance package.
You have to take the seat cover off to access the air bladder afaik. Mine I feel on left and right where your kidneys are but lower. Not much in the middle with the spine.
Okay so since mine barely moves on one side I decided to go to a local carmax and see if they had a mustang to sit in. They had a 2016 eco premium and the seat is completely different than my mustang.

The 2016 one definitely had the “bladder“ even on the lowest setting and the seat felt like it had a cushion in it. Even the seat looked different visualy in how much support there was in the lower back area. It was like the eco had a pillow in it.

My mind was legit blown because of how different it was from my seat.

My mustang driver seat is VERY flat and you can sink into it almost. It has no chusion or firmness like the eco I sat in. It’s almost as if the bladder thing was deleted or something. Or is it possible it simply collapsed due to wear and tear? I wonder how hard a fix would be?

I’m going to try and sit in another mustang to compare I am sorry I’m rambling but I couldn’t believe how different my seat is. I may take some pics of my seat.
Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Okay so since mine barely moves on one side I decided to go to a local carmax and see if they had a mustang to sit in. They had a 2016 eco premium and the seat is completely different than my mustang.

The 2016 one definitely had the “bladder“ even on the lowest setting and the seat felt like it had a cushion in it. Even the seat looked different visualy in how much support there was in the lower back area. It was like the eco had a pillow in it.

My mind was legit blown because of how different it was from my seat.

My mustang driver seat is VERY flat and you can sink into it almost. It has no chusion or firmness like the eco I sat in. It’s almost as if the bladder thing was deleted or something. Or is it possible it simply collapsed due to wear and tear? I wonder how hard a fix would be?

I’m going to try and sit in another mustang to compare I am sorry I’m rambling but I couldn’t believe how different my seat is. I may take some pics of my seat.
I just replied to your other post about this on another thread. This sounds like the support for the lumbar bladder has broken. Makes the lower part of your seat feel like it has no cushioning. Happened to me

Fishels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I just replied to your other post about this on another thread. This sounds like the support for the lumbar bladder has broken. Makes the lower part of your seat feel like it has no cushioning. Happened to me
Did yours suddenly snap? What year and did you replace it?

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Did yours suddenly snap? What year and did you replace it?
More of a pop, felt like the whole lumbar support just pushed in. Happened during a pull.

2015 mustang gt, happened like a month ago.

And no haven't replaced it yet

Fishels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
More of a pop, felt like the whole lumbar support just pushed in. Happened during a pull.

2015 mustang gt, happened like a month ago.

And no haven't replaced it yet
Will you replace it?

Does it bother you in terms of seating while driving. Also does the passenger seat have this structure thing. I know it doesn’t have that button for lumbar adjust but my passenger seat is noticeably more firm. Although it doesn’t have that pillow or extra firm thing.

sorry for all the question’s I wish id never notice it lol! This car has been head ache but I love it. Thanks nice color mustang
Sponsored