Sponsored

seat support for mustang gt premium

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
I was wondering can padding be added to seats? will a gt 350 seat fit. I am 6ft 2 inches but wide frame. I was surprised how sore back and legs are after driving car.
Sponsored

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
I was wondering can padding be added to seats? will a gt 350 seat fit. I am 6ft 2 inches but wide frame. I was surprised how sore back and legs are after driving car.
I can sympathize. I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee a few years ago, a 2013. Seems they make the seats in them to be able to accomodate a wider range of people and for me it just didn't work. They seemed ok on the test drive, but we're very uncomfortable for anything over an hour. I ended up giving it to my son. He loves it. I am 6'5" and 235lbs. Mustangs for me are comfortable.

OP
OP

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
I daily drive my suv. I drove mustang all last week. I could hardly move today. I have been putting seat all the way back and down. I'll try adjusting seat. I wonder what seat position is best for less strain on back

Buhbuhj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
I'm only 5'9 so I'm guessing the seats fit me better but I find the power lumbar on the premium seats to be great. I've done some 3 hour drives and when I got done I could get right out with no tiredness or aches.

SDEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Convertible
I find the seats acceptable, but I still find myself constantly adjusting myself in the seat or moving the seat. I do miss the "Comfort Seats" in my 2013 SHO. They were the single most comfortable seat I have had in a car, and the massage function, on a long trip, was fantastic. Ford should have made them an option on the Premium Mustang. They cost $395 on the SHO and were well worth it. Ford needs to make the back of the seats power adjustable. And, the power lumbar needs to move up and down, just as it did in the SHO. They cheaped out on that also. It really is the small things they seemed to have missed or the bean counters decided "we" didn't need.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
The seats in the SHO were nice. My problem was there was not enough leg room. My calves were always sore. The wheel needed to extend out another 2 inches as well.
Sponsored