Political Correctness offends me.

wmsky33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT Competition Orange
All black, like the horses ridden by the Nazgul. Mordor Pony. What's the problem? You're obviously a fan of Lord of the Rings.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
All black, like the horses ridden by the Nazgul. Mordor Pony. What's the problem? You're obviously a fan of Lord of the Rings.
:lol::lol:

Kpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
NC must be lax. There are two I've seen around here that were awesome. One was FTHELEFT. The other was LBSVAG.

What ever happened to freedom of speech? I heard of a guy in town wearing a shirt that says "I f___ on the first date". It was spelled out white letters on a black shirt. If someone can wear that shirt, we should be able to put anything on a tag.

Sponsored

Dat37tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 64A
Offensive? Nah, not even a little.
Smart to do with how sensitive the people of America as a whole has become? Sure, why not, go for it!

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
The hypocrisy of California astounds me. They have zero issues with Hollywood pumping out nothing but murder in TV shows and movies, but heavens forbid someone gets a car culture license plate that has nothing to do with actual murder.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
NC must be lax. There are two I've seen around here that were awesome. One was FTHELEFT. The other was LBSVAG.

What ever happened to freedom of speech? I heard of a guy in town wearing a shirt that says "I f___ on the first date". It was spelled out white letters on a black shirt. If someone can wear that shirt, we should be able to put anything on a tag.

I've got a shirt that says 'harden the fuck up' at the bottom, never had a problem.

Of course I'm not going to wear the shirt into a preschool, but you get the point. Probably depends on where you live.

Kpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
The hypocrisy of California astounds me. They have zero issues with Hollywood pumping out nothing but murder in TV shows and movies, but heavens forbid someone gets a car culture license plate that has nothing to do with actual murder.
The left hasn't been known for using logic. Their thought process is usually based on feelings and emotions that can change from one minute to the next and often contradict themselves.

Mustang Convert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

One is printed and issued by (and therefore, implicitly endorsed by) the State, the other is not. That's the difference here.

Sponsored

Kpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
One is printed and issued by (and therefore, implicitly endorsed by) the State, the other is not. That's the difference here.
Freedom of speech is issued by the federal government and license plate censorship blatantly violates that freedom of speech.

I just don't get it. They pay someone to censor these but then I can get a bumper sticker that says what they censored and slap it right next to the tag for everyone to read.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

Kevin70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion xA, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Freedom of speech is issued by the federal government and license plate censorship blatantly violates that freedom of speech.

I just don't get it. They pay someone to censor these but then I can get a bumper sticker that says what they censored and slap it right next to the tag for everyone to read.
I don't think it is unreasonable that certain plates are denied, but I don't think it should be for politically correct reasons. The same type of language that is "censored" by the FCC (swear words) are reasonable to prevent from use on plates. Many people wouldn't want that language pushed in front of their kids. I don't find MRDR PNY offensive at all other than I hate the blacked out look and think it is silly someone came up with the term "Murder" for blacking out a car.

Mustang Convert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

The state is not prohibiting anyone from putting offensive messages on their car. They just aren't willing to, or required to, print it themselves. The 1st Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have the state print and issue a license plate that says anything you want.

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
I'm laughing at the 21 votes from people that are offended. I have a feeling most voted that they were offended just for shits and giggles.
Sponsored