Sponsored

Does the 2018 with 401A Get Numerical Read-Outs?

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I was watching YouTube and in a couple different videos I saw that Mustang with the 401A package, specifically the digital dash, had numerical values for gauges. Like, instead of a gauge showing inlet air temperature, it has a number, say 63 degrees or whatever. I was wondering if this is something only manuals can do, like the 4-digit RPM readout, or something that is on the 2019's and not the 2018's. If it can be done, where in the settings do I turn that on?

Can't get the image to work so here's the link to an example from YouTube.

https://imgur.com/S19o9y4
Sponsored

Thors12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thorsten
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I agree. I see videos of folks where it shows a digital readout of rpms. In all 4 modes mine just shows gears and I can’t fogure out how to change it.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think if you have gauges set to display, you just press the down controller and it will cycle through a few different displays, with that being one of them.

Here's a quick video of it:

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Its on Any 18+ with digital gauge. Press your Pony button then select an item that sounds like "Gauges" or "Show Gauges"
See that shows gauges though, I don't want to see the dials of whatever, I want to see a numerical readout. It's different than just showing gauges.

Sponsored

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I think if you have gauges set to display, you just press the down controller and it will cycle through a few different displays, with that being one of them.

Here's a quick video of it:
Huh, that's interesting. I'll play around with it because mine doesn't have that.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
As Schwerin says, look where my thumb is on the steering wheel controller - just press that and it will cycle through them.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I agree. I see videos of folks where it shows a digital readout of rpms. In all 4 modes mine just shows gears and I can’t fogure out how to change it.
Do you have an auto?

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I brought this up last year shortly after I bought the car, seems they have done firmware updates or something someone claims in that thread I believe. Now if the cluster is updated you lose the “oil temp” gauge. But I’d to like the number read out instead of the gauge

2018 Digital Dash Defect?

Sponsored
OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
As Schwerin says, look where my thumb is on the steering wheel controller - just press that and it will cycle through them.
Alright, sorry for the late reply, however, my car does not have them. I have gone through all the gauge options and scrolled through all the pages. I have the G graph of my lateral acceleration, etc. and all of the circular gauges. However, I do not have the page of actual useful numbers telling me important information. I don't know where it is or why I don't have it, but I do not.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Alright, sorry for the late reply, however, my car does not have them. I have gone through all the gauge options and scrolled through all the pages. I have the G graph of my lateral acceleration, etc. and all of the circular gauges. However, I do not have the page of actual useful numbers telling me important information. I don't know where it is or why I don't have it, but I do not.
That's odd - I wonder if it's some new firmware or something. I'll have to avoid any updates, if so.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
That’s manual only.
Sponsored