Sponsored

Nav fetures on 2018 GT 401A package

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
The dude had a phone... which has GPS. (End of story!)

The fact he was in a car with navigation and wasn't using the Nav system's streets names, seems odd. And again, as for streets names, etc... any Nav system has that, so it sounds like OP is asking for a lojack on runaway cars that people are chasing.
I have encountered off the map locations many times here in Los Angeles. There's nothing odd about what the OP is asking for. I just don't know if lat/long is available as a real-time display.
Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I used coordinates on my Mercedes navigation unit once to pickup/rescue some hikers coming off of a trail.

I find it odd as well that it doesn't have this feature. It can be helpful in rural areas.

OP
OP
jay gee

jay gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2000 Camaro Z28, 2010 Challanger RT Classic
Here's something else I noticed or missed in the owner's manual. For me that wouldn't be unusual.
We're planning a cross country road trip from Oregon. to N.Y. There doesn't seem to be a feature to display road maps of other states you plan to be driving through. This is available in our other nav. equipped cars.

Did I miss it in the owner's manual.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
The Sync3 Navigation system recognizes a "Where am I?" command. I don't recall how it shows the location. This is in the owner's manual.

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
It just gives basic info. No lat/long.

OP
OP
jay gee

jay gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2000 Camaro Z28, 2010 Challanger RT Classic
I spoke the tech support guy at my dealership. He says to get road info of states I want to travel through, I need to enter POI like a city.
He also said he thinks there is a way to get a compass and long / lat displayed.
I have a meeting scheduled with him tomorrow morning to test his theory. He also agreed that it's crazy that it's not displayed. It's more like a backup system, like still being able to dial 911 on a cell phone even when it's deactivated

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I think I've seen photos from F150s that look like they may have something like that.

Unless I'm seeing a different version the Sync screens in the F150s look much better for some reason. Either that or it's a Forscan change?
Sponsored