Sponsored

How does the interior quality of the 400A compare to the 401A?

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I think it's funny how my base car has the same armrest "leather" as the higher tier packages, lol. With that said it's very easy to clean, comfy, and I almost never have to look at it so I can't complain.
I like Alcantara and Leather seats for cleaning. The cloth can trap stains sometimes.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Again, it's VINYL, not leather. Even with luxury cars, you need to pay extra to get a center console wrapped in leather. My biggest beef is with the stupid door armrests; Ford could have used a bit less cheap vinyl on 'premium' cars than the super cheap crap even Bullitts have. At least the center console vinyl is of slightly better quality, with a decent leather-like texture to it.
It is single grain leather in the UK and we are based on the 401a. It even says leather in the price list so they can't really use vinyl !

See note at bottom of page 6

https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxeu/uk/documents/price-list/cars/PL-Mustang.pdf

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
It is single grain leather in the UK and we are based on the 401a. It even says leather in the price list so they can't really use vinyl !

See note at bottom of page 6

https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxeu/uk/documents/price-list/cars/PL-Mustang.pdf
I'm not familiar with UK regulations on legal definitions in marketing.

Here in the US, "leather" is a legal definition when it comes to marketing. And what is legally considered "leather" encompasses different materials like vinyls, that look and act sort of like leather.

On my 2012 Premium GT, when the driver's seat "leather" cracked, it was clear it wasn't leather at all.

You might want to check the UK legal regulations on using the word "leather" in marketing. It might mean actual leather, it might not. I think in the US "Genuine Leather" is the real stuff.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I'm not familiar with UK regulations on legal definitions in marketing.

Here in the US, "leather" is a legal definition when it comes to marketing. And what is legally considered "leather" encompasses different materials like vinyls, that look and act sort of like leather.

On my 2012 Premium GT, when the driver's seat "leather" cracked, it was clear it wasn't leather at all.

You might want to check the UK legal regulations on using the word "leather" in marketing. It might mean actual leather, it might not. I think in the US "Genuine Leather" is the real stuff.
It is single grain leather. If it says leather it has to be leather in the UK not vinyl. However not everybody understands the different grades of leather.

It is a corrected grain where the surface is embossed with a grain pattern that wasn't there before, it effectively uses up cheaper leather.

It is the second bottom category in this link https://www.heddels.com/2014/06/overview-guide-leather-grades/

As far as the seats are concerned it is only the wearing surface that is leather - the perforated bit. The inner bolsters may be bonded leather, the bits that are coloured differently if you go for ceramic.

I think the knee pads are artico but may be bonded leather, certainly not full leather. Ford are moving to artico now in most cars except in the European Vignale spec where they are still using full grain leather. They even wrap the dash in full grain leather on those. See image

Mondeo-Vignale-50.jpg

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
If your leather isn't ruch'ed, you're not ballin'.

1607100768870.png

1607100790307.png

Seriously, this should be the standard. Then there wouldn't be any complaints when someone's seat get's a friggin' wrinkle/crease in it.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona