Sponsored

Does the 2018 B&O enclosure line up with the bolts for the shaker sub enclosure?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
What all have you changed out in your B&O system?

I hear you. I felt the same way, which was why I jumped right into modifying my B&O stereo. It just didn’t sound remotely close to decent, but it sure does now though!
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
What all have you changed out in your B&O system?
I’ve changed the front door mid bass woofers speakers and A-pillar tweeters Hertz DSK 165 (set co es with 24.3 mm tweeters), added AudioControl 1.300 subwoofer amp, AudioControl 4.300 amp for mid bass and tweets (although tweets are currently powered by the factory B&O amp because I‘ve been reluctant to snip the speaker output signal at the B&O amp connector (was waiting to see if someone will make a t-harness, so I can plug and play), AudiControl DM-608 DSP and a JL Audio Stealthbox (mounts where factory B&O sub was). I removed the center channel speaker recently and the left rear deck speaker, to let the bass escape the trunk and flow into the cabin. Stereo Sounds great now!

Here is a pic of the amp rack with the components. Not all of the wiring seen in the pic is stereo related. Some of it is for the nitrous system that I am in the process of installing.

152DA4B7-6B0A-4691-A8EC-005558C98F4E.jpeg

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
You have done a great job. Did you check the place for the harness that I mentioned last week?

I’ve changed the front door mid bass woofers speakers and A-pillar tweeters Hertz DSK 165 (set co es with 24.3 mm tweeters), added AudioControl 1.300 subwoofer amp, AudioControl 4.300 amp for mid bass and tweets (although tweets are currently powered by the factory B&O amp because I‘ve been reluctant to snip the speaker output signal at the B&O amp connector (was waiting to see if someone will make a t-harness, so I can plug and play), AudiControl DM-608 DSP and a JL Audio Stealthbox (mounts where factory B&O sub was). I removed the center channel speaker recently and the left rear deck speaker, to let the bass escape the trunk and flow into the cabin. Stereo Sounds great now!

Here is a pic of the amp rack with the components. Not all of the wiring seen in the pic is stereo related. Some of it is for the nitrous system that I am in the process of installing.

152DA4B7-6B0A-4691-A8EC-005558C98F4E.jpeg

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You have done a great job. Did you check the place for the harness that I mentioned last week?
Thanks! I haven’t yet. Been focusing on the nitrous install for the past few weeks. There has been a ton of wiring to do on that alone. I’m ready to put the car back in service. I do intend to check the place that you mentioned though.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I just took a look at plugnplaykits m3incorp. I didn’t see anything that might work for me, but I am going to try and contact them to see if they can make something. Thanks again for the link.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I called them on the phone and they told me the one harness does work for the B&O systems. You had to also add the adapter to the cart. Probably best to call, because you know how second-hand information can be :) Since you are much further along in your install, I'm waiting on you :). Are you able to set your own dsp timing or have someone with instruments to do it for you?

I just took a look at plugnplaykits m3incorp. I didn’t see anything that might work for me, but I am going to try and contact them to see if they can make something. Thanks again for the link.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I called them on the phone and they told me the one harness does work for the B&O systems. You had to also add the adapter to the cart. Probably best to call, because you know how second-hand information can be :) Since you are much further along in your install, I'm waiting on you :). Are you able to set your own dsp timing or have someone with instruments to do it for you?
I’ll have to give them a call in the near future.

The only adjustments I’ve made on my DSP have been setting the frequencies and playing with delay a little, after taking measurements from the center of the cone on each speaker, up to my ears while I sat in the driver’s seat. I’m sure having someone with a professional setup would probably be better, but probably not necessary at the moment (for me anyway). Who knows though, I may end up having it professionally adjusted by a shop at some point. My brother had a shop set his up in his GMC truck. He’s using the bigger 6.1200 AudioControl amp with their 1.800 on his subs. His truck sounds really good, but I’m not so sure it was worth the $400 he paid to have that and a small wiring issue tracked down. He had ordered some harness for GM vehicles and the company would not communicate with him, so he sent it to the shop and it was something super simple. I just though it was a lot of money and no really big WOW factor after the shop used all their high tech equipment.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Oh I definitely know what you mean. I check a couple of shops here at home in Colorado and they want $400 just for the tuning........not to mention up to $2K for installing two dsp amps, all new speakers, and the other bits and pieces needed and this doesn't count the price of the electronics. If I can get the correct harnesses, I'm pretty sure I can manage the install myself. I set in and listened to one of their Mustang installs and while it did sound great, the cost was $8500. Ouch.....keeping in mind, you would never recoup a dime of that money when time to sell/trade.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
An 8" sub will never produce the sound of a 10 or 12 but can be very musical.
Gregs I have 2 8” JLW7’s on a 1000w JL amp in a sealed enclosure and they would absolutely give most 10’s and some 12’s a run for there money

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Those are top of the line subs. I have to ask, why you didn't go with a 12" JL W7 or 12" JL W6, especially considering the enclosure is more likely smaller than your dual set-up?

Gregs I have 2 8” JLW7’s on a 1000w JL amp in a sealed enclosure and they would absolutely give most 10’s and some 12’s a run for there money

Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Those are top of the line subs. I have to ask, why you didn't go with a 12" JL W7 or 12" JL W6, especially considering the enclosure is more likely smaller than your dual set-up?
M3 I have put these in my Mustang yet. I have this setup in my truck. But no....a single W7 12 Sealed is a much larger box than the 2 8.....which isn’t a small box at 1.87 ft^3

Edit - w7 12 is 1.375 ft^3 sealed....hmmm I might go this way in the stang and not transfer the 8

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
My 12w6v3

doesn’t take much room at all imo

C70E8714-09C1-4EFF-8AF0-83044FA96DD7.jpeg
Sponsored