Sponsored

Does the 2018 B&O enclosure line up with the bolts for the shaker sub enclosure?

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I'm toying with the idea of swapping in a 10" B&O enclosure for my shaker sub enclosure....I was wondering if the mounting points line up? Anyone ever try this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I wouldn't waste your time or money. Better off spending it on a better speaker for the Shaker box. If you buy the B&O you will still need to pay for a better speaker anyway.

OP
OP

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I wouldn't waste your time or money. Better off spending it on a better speaker for the Shaker box. If you buy the B&O you will still need to pay for a better speaker anyway.
I know it won't be as good as a standalone enclosure...but I don't really want to take up more space in my trunk... though its looking more and more likely a ported 10 or 12 box will be the course I go

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Take a look at the JL Audio Stealthbox. It has a 12” sub and fits in the right corner of the trunk like the factory B&O sub.

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
the JL box is extremely impressive. nasty subwoofer really. amazing sound for such small space.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I know it won't be as good as a standalone enclosure...but I don't really want to take up more space in my trunk... though its looking more and more likely a ported 10 or 12 box will be the course I go
But as per your original question, the Shaker and B&O take up a similar space. You may be able to find a B&O enclosure on Ebay but I wouldn't waste money on it. A better 8 inch sub would be money better spent than buying the B&O and then buying a 10" sub. If spending that much there are better aftermarket options

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm toying with the idea of swapping in a 10" B&O enclosure for my shaker sub enclosure....I was wondering if the mounting points line up?
FWIW, the Mustang Stealthbox is the same version for 2015 and up suggesting same mounting points.

OP
OP

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
But as per your original question, the Shaker and B&O take up a similar space. You may be able to find a B&O enclosure on Ebay but I wouldn't waste money on it. A better 8 inch sub would be money better spent than buying the B&O and then buying a 10" sub. If spending that much there are better aftermarket options
I replaced the sub with a rockford fosgate 8 dvc...maybe I just gotta fiddle with the gains some more...I guess I just expected more from it than in getting...I didn't expect it to be ground shaking or anything...just....better

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I replaced the sub with a rockford fosgate 8 dvc...maybe I just gotta fiddle with the gains some more...I guess I just expected more from it than in getting...I didn't expect it to be ground shaking or anything...just....better
An 8" sub will never produce the sound of a 10 or 12 but can be very musical.

OP
OP

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
An 8" sub will never produce the sound of a 10 or 12 but can be very musical.
Yea, that's what I'm thinking.... I've upgraded all that I can...but only to come to the realization that size really does matter, lmbo

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I mean the thing is getting what? 50 watts, or 100 watts max. Idk... it’s very little

OP
OP

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I mean the thing is getting what? 50 watts, or 100 watts max. Idk... it’s very little
I replaced the amp as well, I forgot to add...so it's getting 300w....but its clear that an 8" in that small of an enclosure is not gonna cut it.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I replaced the amp as well, I forgot to add...so it's getting 300w....but its clear that an 8" in that small of an enclosure is not gonna cut it.
Try putting some polyfill inside of the enclosure. You can get it from an old pillow, or at Walmart for about $10. It’s supposed to make tne bass hit a little bit deeper.

OP
OP

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Try putting some polyfill inside of the enclosure. You can get it from an old pillow, or at Walmart for about $10. It’s supposed to make tne bass hit a little bit deeper.
Lol, did it back when it was still the stock amp and sub!

At this point I've resigned myself to throwing a little single 10" sub back there. I don't want to rattle windows, but I do need just a little more thump.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I hear you. I felt the same way, which was why I jumped right into modifying my B&O stereo. It just didn’t sound remotely close to decent, but it sure does now though!
Sponsored