Sponsored

Does new AC Compressor Kit come with Clutch?

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Hey all -
After about three years, and 25k miles, my AC compressor and/or clutch has failed. Again. This was all replaced under warranty a few years ago, along with the evaporator. The story goes that I started hearing bearing noises, and knew I would need to replace the clutch, at minimum. I had to travel for work, and didn't drive the car for two weeks. I got back home, took my son to baseball practice, and had no AC. Ok, it's dead. The next day, I had to run an errand, and not realizing that the pulley wasn't spinning at all, I stopped at a light to see tons of white smoke coming from underhood. I verified that the pulley wasn't spinning, and cut the stretch belt.

My buddy is an ASE master tech at a local dealer, and is going to replace everything for me, I just need to order parts - compressor, compressor clutch, condenser, drier, gasket set, and expansion valve.

My question is whether or not a compressor kit from Rockauto (UAC KT4807A), which includes the expansion valve, gasket set, condenser, and compressor, would also include the clutch, or if that's a separate item that needs to be bought.

For reference, the kit I'm looking at is here: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9827968&cc=3340759&jsn=1538&jsn=1538

The clutch I would purchase, if need be, is here: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=10180680&cc=3340759&jsn=9994

I'd call Rockauto, but their knowledge is spotty...

Thanks,
JR
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
its pictured, yes.

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
its pictured, yes.
That's what I thought, but the clutch by itself is like $300+, whereas the compressor kit with condenser is only $280. All the other parts houses list the compressor WITH clutch at almost $600.

JR

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah you're right, that first kit is just the condenser stuff, not the compressor or clutch.

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah you're right, that first kit is just the condenser stuff, not the compressor or clutch.
Found the compressor and clutch kit on CJ Pony Parts' website for about $450 shipped. Ended up with that, and then piecemealed the condenser, drier, expansion valve, o-ring/seal kit, and oil from Rockauto.

Thanks for the help!

JR
Sponsored