OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I might look in to this. Right now I just move my seat closer.
Moving your seat closer is probably going to be fine for now but you will get tired of it. I got my Mustang last May and the seating so close to the steering wheel has caused back and leg issues for me overtime, I should have bought this $50 piece of plastic as soon as I got the car.

For the most part people are enjoying the extender because they can sit in a more comfortable position. Even the 6 foot giants on this forum feel like they need the extender.
Sponsored

OracleHCR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Otis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP1, Mag, AE
+1 for the clutch pedal extender. I'm 5'9 and although I didn't have a problem depressing the clutch all the way, having the extender allows me to position the seat a little farther back and tilt it for a more comfortable driving position.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I too was disappointed after finding a comfortable steering wheel/seat position and not having full range of clutch pedal. But the fact is the lack of full depress is not gonna do harm when shifting gears. Right?

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I find if the pedal is not on the floor I get some gear crunch when shifting, I wonder how much of the complaining about notchiness a day gear crunch is the result of people not fully pressing the clutch pedal.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
I too was disappointed after finding a comfortable steering wheel/seat position and not having full range of clutch pedal. But the fact is the lack of full depress is not gonna do harm when shifting gears. Right?
It's hard to say, it varies from car to car due to the sloppy tolerances Ford uses to save money. I've driven a friend's S550 where the engagement was actually significantly closer to the floor than my mid-way point, so you'd definitely want to make sure you're pressing it all the way down.

If you're not fully 100% disengaged on the clutch, that can mess up your syncros real quick. Way too many people on this forum having such problems with the MT-82 to risk not pressing it fully to ensure disengagement.

Sponsored

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
How tall are you? You may be one of a few who actually enjoy the seating position. But even guys over 6ft are needing the extender.
The thing is the clutch travels way too far back that many of us have to sit really close to fully depress the clutch. Sitting too close to the steering wheel is dangerous because of the air bag.

I was actually fine with it for a while until my body started hurting from all the twisting and turning I had to do to enter/exit the car and I didn’t want to always pull the seat back and forth everytime. Im not even old and I was getting lower back and upper right leg pain from all that twisting and turning lol.

I really can’t wait for this overpriced piece of plastic to come in the mail.
6 2 and change but I don't think I evolved a lot as a human, I have a big wingspan.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I'm 6'2" with long arms and legs, I think the extender might help me find a more comfortable driving position. Might rig something up to see it works for me before dropping $60.

Ambrotos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Package
I had my car all of 2 days before I found it being sold at one of the typical places online. I am 5'6 myself and I will tell you right now that it is the best $ to Enjoyment upgrade I've ever done. The placement of my seat and wheel is so damn nice while I drive. The gas peddle isn't too far down or anything, and I'm not worried about the damn steering wheel going through my chest if anything happens.

Get it, you will kick yourself in the ass afterwards wondering why you didn't get one sooner.

OracleHCR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Otis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP1, Mag, AE
I really can’t wait for this overpriced piece of plastic to come in the mail.
Plastic? The one sold at AM isn't plastic. It is billet aluminum. I believe the one sold by CJ Pony Parts is plastic and it costs $10 less.

Sponsored

Amer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, Shadow black/black w/GT PP
I'm 5'8 30 inch inseam and got one a week after I got the car. Works really well. I can get in and out w/out adjusting the seat. Shifting is much better and no issues between the gas pedal and clutch.

The one thing I added in addition to the clutch extender was the Steeda clutch spring and wow what a difference. Less pressure on your legs. 35lbs vs 180lbs from the stock.

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-clutch-spring-assist-35-lb-in-15-16-all-555-7022/

OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I dunno, I heard it could and I heard it doesn't but when it's not fully depressed I feel like I'm going to end up getting some grinding action. I'd rather be safe and do it 100%.

My extender should be arriving at the house today so I'm going to install and let you guys know how it works out.

OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Just put the extender on the car and goddamn i should have bought this a LONG time ago. Im only 5'6 but i felt like i could have the seat far back and still shift comfortably. My knees were no longer hitting the steering wheel, no more twisting and turning to get in the car, i get a WAY better shift feel due to foot positioning (my shifting even got smoother), i could even rest my left elbow comfortably on the driver door. Its a world of difference and i think most people would actually benefit from this extender, in terms of driver comfort and shifting. Long drives will now be very relaxing and comfortable.

The only downside is that now if someone needs to sit behind me it may be a bit cramped for them. Also if you feel like accelerating WOT you may have to reach a bit far down, but even if you move the seat up close just a little bit to be closer to the gas pedal you are still going to feel much comfortable. I recommend to anyone who has issues with seating so close to the steering wheel.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Im nearly 6' tall and probably use this extender too but for now flexing my calf muscle kinda completes the motion. So I push down the clutch pedal, need a hair more, then flex!
Sponsored