OP
dron_jones

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
ever since the official release thread the "No's" have been on steady decline, initially at over 65%, now its under 50%, i suspect if some could reverse their vote it would be even lower.
Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
ever since the official release thread the "No's" have been on steady decline, initially at over 65%, now its under 50%, i suspect if some could reverse their vote it would be even lower.
I am one of those. I don't know who released the original video but ford took a sizeable perception hit by not getting their good quality stuff in the public first. Now people are still comparing the good pics to their first impression and that's a lot of ground to make up.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The video was leaked.

It was found on an obscure website, then copied and downloaded.......then published here.

During that process, the video quality went South.

Unfortunately, that was everyone's introduction to the '18MY :(

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Someone posted extremely zoomed in shots of the individual facelift changes and they look cool on their own. When you zoom out and see the facelift in its entirety...fugly. Very disappointing design when they fixed every other complaint/short coming my 15 GT had. Unless it is a complete rocket ship off the showroom floor, I'll probably be trading in my GT on an SS.

OP
OP
dron_jones

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Now everyone should understand two things:

1. Why the embargo existed
2. The importance of a marketing department and its influence over people

Sponsored

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
That's why I thought locking this and making a new poll seemed appropriate. Nobody saw the car properly in those first pics. It would be cool to hear people's more legit view of the car now.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
That's why I thought locking this and making a new poll seemed appropriate. Nobody saw the car properly in those first pics. It would be cool to hear people's more legit view of the car now.
I voted no after seeing the fully released photos, and although it has nice cues in certain areas it is to busy for my liking in the front. I have never seen such poor placement of fog lights, my 16 HID Heads and fogs are more than sufficient, and the fogs are placed down low where only they could actually be beneficial.

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I agree with this. Actually came on here with the intent of saying the same thing but see it's already been brought up. I voted no after seeing the first video. Once the official videos and pictures came out I think it looks much better. I think we need a recount.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
I agree with locking the thread and starting a new one, or at least resetting the polls so that people can vote again.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I still dislike it as much as I did when the video was leaked. High resolution doesn't fix ugly.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Overall it has a ton of good improvements over the 15-17 models. The refreshed body work isn't so bad that it negates all the other improvements. If fact, seems many people who hated in on day one are now changing their minds and think it looks pretty good.

Let's put it this way ... it you didn't own a Mustang and was planning on buying one, would the 2018 model year stop you? I highly doubt it for the vast majority of people.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
For we in the UK the '15 was the first ever Mustang for us. The s550 mk1 will be our classic Mustang. The s550 mk2 is not quite so desirable - because of that wing.
Check the wing delete option. :D

rkan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion ti
Yeah, lets lock it. Start a new poll. I want to change my answer as well.

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Lost it's aggressive look in my humble opinion.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.