Do you do this when you put the top down

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
If you return the latch to its locked position when lowering the top, when raising the top you have to stop the top again just before it latch’s, reopen the latch, then finish closing the top, and latch it again.

Pain in the ass.
Sponsored

OP
OP
racerdave

racerdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convert 17 GMC Sierra 15 Terrain
If you return the latch to its locked position when lowering the top, when raising the top you have to stop the top again just before it latch’s, reopen the latch, then finish closing the top, and latch it again.

Pain in the ass.
I have been retired since January 8th 2012, I have time to do all that!:)

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Awesome Dave. I’ve still got three and a half years before it’s not a pain in the ass anymore.!

mondos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raimond
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv. PP1 Manual
The same topic came to my mind and I read the manual about it. I agree with Tobey on this one:

It doesn't actually say not to close it. It's not addressed at all. Says turn the handle to unlatch and push the button to lower.
The manual it lists all the steps needed for every action. Stoping, turning the handle back and vice versa is not listed as needed actions in the manual when lowering or closing the roof. All other steps are listed. I read out that these actions are not needed then.

Lowing and closing the roof is outdated and painful process already. I could not imagine adding even more steps to it.

Sponsored

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Lowing and closing the roof is outdated and painful process already. I could not imagine adding even more steps to it.
Outdated? While it probably could be a bit faster, twisting the handle is pretty normal. Honestly, I think I'd rather a manual handle, it seems more reliable. Given the issues some of us have seen with things as simple as they dynamic exhaust, I'm not sure I'd trust a motorized latch. :-/

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I never close mine. I believe the manual says you do not close it.
Correct. I turned mine down a few times. Then I looked in the book. It says "don't". I just unlatch it and press the button.

OP
OP
racerdave

racerdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convert 17 GMC Sierra 15 Terrain
Correct. I turned mine down a few times. Then I looked in the book. It says "don't". I just unlatch it and press the button.
Could you post that page number here, where it says Dont. Or take a pic and post it?

Randhawa_KS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KS
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT OF vert, FG XR6, Lexus RX 350
I've installed the electronic smartTOP module on my vert and it works like a charm. All I do just open the latch and it does everything itself. I don;t even need to press the open button. Also you can do it while on the move as well until 50kmph but I have set mine to 40kmph. Same thing when you want to put the roof up just press the close button once for 1 second and the roof goes up automatically and then I just close the latch. That module is worth the money man.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
Same here, unlatch the roof and leave it like that. Absolutely no need to stop.

If you’re bothered about damaging the roof then the thing you want to avoid is fitting the tonnage caps, it’s cost me a new roof but because the dealer was incompetent it’s ended up on its fourth roof.

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
I only use my tonneau caps if I am at an event with the top down for display. I never drive with them on.
Sponsored