Sponsored

Do they not know what they have?

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.autonationfordorangepar...e0a0d0cc73266c8ca98ce5832.htm?searchDepth=1:1

It appears they have a 2020 GT with 10k miles (6 spd 301A) black appearance package, exhaust mods, and supercharged. I'm not a fan of the window louvers or the painted calipers but both can pretty easily be reversed/fixed.

I'm not sure what condition the drivetrain is in or if a warranty is included but 35k for a 650+ hp nearly new car is a bargain if everything is as good as it seems.

I'm not considering buying it myself but maybe one of you could get a nice ride out of it if it's legit.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
None of the written details of the car in the ad match up with the photos, other than the exterior color.

Last edited:

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
They may not know. I had quite a time getting a Ford dealer in Daytona to send pics of the motor to confirm their on line ad that said this car had a supercharger. Wanted at least to see that before driving 3 hours to see it in person. It listed for not much more than a plain-o GT.

NC STANG GUY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 A10 GT 99 Terminator swapped Cobra vert 93 LX hatch 90 LX coupe
Vehicle Showcase
None of the written details of the car in the ad match up with the photos, other than the exterior color.
Written details don't match but where they list a link to the window sticker it matches the VIN on the sticker in the door jam.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
autonationi is a "our price is what you pay, no nego" so you know...
Looks like someone couldn't make the payments after sinking a ton of money into it. I'd say it's a hard look for someone local.

Plus it's all kinds of mis-labeled. It's not remotely a Premium. It's a 301a car, not 401a with digital dash. It has manual 6-speed not a A10. Whatever moron put that listing together hasn't a clue. The original Ford sticker is necessary.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
AutoNation's whole "one price" thing is a bit of a joke. I bought mine from an AN Ford dealer.. It had one price online. When I got to the dealership it had a different price in the window and a third window sticker on the passenger floor board. All with different prices. I made them give me the lowest, which was the online price which I had screenshotted, even though both stickers on/in the car were higher by $850 and $1100 respectively. The salesman made a big show of getting the GMs approval but it was all for show...

As for the price of this car. I'm not sure how much I would trust the work of some unknown entity installing the SC much less how the PO treated the car. Nor would I pay top dollar for a car that new with a voided factory engine warranty. Also, for AN to have it at that price they had to have paid considerably less for it. Why would a PO spend that much on mods then dump the car at that big of a loss?
Maybe it is a great deal for a good car but I don't think I could trust it.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Its the typical bait and swap scam. I went through so many of those shopping a car for my daughter. These internet ads have an unbelievable deal posted, only to be "just sold" when you show up to drive it. The true give away was the description never made sense, like this one. After we figured out the scam we would jerk them around. After knowing they don't have the car they would keep the ad up and we would each call seperatly, asking if its available. Of course they say "Yes" and "C'mon in". Then we would drop the bomb and call them out.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why would a PO spend that much on mods then dump the car at that big of a loss?
say he bought it for 36 and sold it for 30. 6mo of ownership and he's also out the SC+labor. It's not exactly uncommon for people to buy new cars and slap SC on them right out of the gate. Might be a YT personality or the guy had economic difficulties and was forced to sell. Or he (used to) have a Hellcat and was unimpressed with the modded Mustang.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
No way AN paid $30k for it. They're gonna bottom line it especially considering the loss of factory engine warranty. And 10k on a 6 month old car? That's what I put on my DD. I'd be surprised if AN paid $25k for it. Then add, what, $8500 for the SC and install? That's an almost $20k hit. Combine that with the inconsistencies in the add and the fact that used Mustangs are bringing top dollar right now and I don't trust it. Moot point i know since I'm not interested but, yeah, I think something is off.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No way AN paid $30k for it. They're gonna bottom line it especially considering the loss of factory engine warranty.
a used car outfit paid me 26.5k on a MSRP 33.3k car a full year after I bought it. And anyway some people actually drive their cars instead of washing them incessantly and treating them like some kind of collectable. Jacksonville has crap for economy so maybe he commuted to Daytona or Orlando area and it's all highway miles.

Given that they don't mention the SC at all is either because they have no idea what they are looking at, or they have a bad car and know it, or they are hoping people will see the SC and climb all over the low price. The PO is clearly a local and used the dealership for service so they know the service history. Hell, they may even have done the work to install the SC though I'd not put any money on that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rangerryda

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm guessing they paid next to nothing for it due to the owner being in a bad spot and it having mods that can't be warrantied. Whoever wrote the ad is likely incompetent with computers and listing accuracy. If someone lives in town, I'd love to hear the scoop for shits n giggles.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I'm guessing they paid next to nothing for it due to the owner being in a bad spot and it having mods that can't be warrantied. Whoever wrote the ad is likely incompetent with computers and listing accuracy. If someone lives in town, I'd love to hear the scoop for shits n giggles.
I was thinking about shooting them a note asking about this car, but they want your phone number. They're not getting it so there goes that idea.

OP
OP
rangerryda

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking about shooting them a note asking about this car, but they want your phone number. They're not getting it so there goes that idea.
Yeah, they'll hound you for weeks. Best if we can find a local forum member to swing by in person. Unless someone has burner phones... lol

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
It's got the mini spare wheel & tire. That alone raises the value x10.

Snap that bitch up!!!!