Sponsored

Do the Reviews Disappoint or Excite you?

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
That remains to be seen. Not certain if the GT will be faster than my 2011 V6 in real-world driving. On a track, maybe, but in the real world, where you never get over 2000 RPM, not sure how much of a difference there'll be.
About the only time my car sees below 2000 RPM is when I'm sitting at a stoplight or during a steady cruise (barely). And that's with very casual driving.

If your area is so confined that you can't press the pedal far enough to tell the difference in performance between a V6 and a GT, I feel very sorry for you, and honestly if I were in your shoes, I'd probably just get a nice commuter car with great gas mileage.
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
How much did the F150 go up in price when it went aluminum? I thought that was only around like $400 difference in price in terms of that feature from steel to aluminum.
The F-Series outsold the Mustang literally 10:1 last year. It's a far more lucrative product and thanks to economies of scale, they can afford to invest in aluminum-intensive architecture. The price hit to do the same for the Mustang wouldn't even be in the same reality.

FORD BRAND 2013 December year-to-date sales
Mustang 77,186
F-Series 763,402

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
The F-Series outsold the Mustang literally 10:1 last year. It's a far more lucrative product and thanks to economies of scale, they can afford to invest in aluminum-intensive architecture. The price hit to do the same for the Mustang wouldn't even be in the same reality.

FORD BRAND 2013 December year-to-date sales
Mustang 77,186
F-Series 763,402
Yep I understand that, but IMO, this Mustang is going to really help bridge the gap that Ford had from a sports/pony/muscle car to a more European sports car like the Audi A5. (which the C&D review says it feels like). The new 2015 definitely has a Mustang met Audi/BMW and had a baby. It's just that most people don't want a Mustang like the previous models because of the look/stigma of a Mustang/Camaro (and we know it exists).

I think the EB4 is going to sell A LOT of vehicles...so much they might need to consider the aluminum technologies for the Mustang soon. I think you might see that drop to 7 to 1 this year and then continue to go up as the Mustang hits more markets overseas. This car was designed for the world.

jeebuspwnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
m3
I think I've had this discussion before; I don't like to let the engine get over 2,000 rpm because then it just destroys your gas mileage. And unless you're flooring it, the automatic always shifts before 3,500 rpm.
I remember reading something along these lines by you before. It hurt me to read this then and it hurts me now.

My advice: Get a used BMW 335d. 425tq @1700rpm + 36mpg. Don't waste your time with a Coyote V8 lol.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yep I understand that, but IMO, this Mustang is going to really help bridge the gap that Ford had from a sports/pony/muscle car to a more European sports car like the Audi A5. (which the C&D review says it feels like). The new 2015 definitely has a Mustang met Audi/BMW and had a baby. It's just that most people don't want a Mustang like the previous models because of the look/stigma of a Mustang/Camaro (and we know it exists).

I think the EB4 is going to sell A LOT of vehicles...so much they might need to consider the aluminum technologies for the Mustang soon. I think you might see that drop to 7 to 1 this year and then continue to go up as the Mustang hits more markets overseas. This car was designed for the world.
Well I think it's optimistic thinking and it never hurts to have that mindset, but I don't see it happening within this generation, at least not on a large scale. Realistically, the high-po variants might get some aluminum bits (or other lightweight materials) in select areas, but nothing to the extent of the F150.

Sponsored

Ghostface

Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Reviews are solid. In my opinion…

Positives: updated manual transmission, IRS/suspension overall is the real deal, every article seems to mention "refined"

Negatives: weight, Weight, WEIGHT. And also too quiet from the factory

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
MT got 4.4 and a 12.8 @ 112.2

I do hope Ford makes a variant that competes with and ultimately and beats the Hellcat though in the 1/4.
Everybody needs to remember this is the plain GT we are talking about, and the Hellcat cost $60K. I'm thinking that when we see special versions of the Mustang, they are likely to stack up a little better to the others' special versions, and will likely be priced more at that level, too!

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport

Positives: updated manual transmission, IRS/suspension overall is the real deal, every article seems to mention "refined"

Will be interesting to see how people shed it (if they can at all).

Has anyone ever run without a spare tire and just used a run flat kit like the one that comes with the Mustang?

OrlandoJJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Fastback Premium
These reviews are written by writers that regularly drive Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Porsches. I am not surprised that they were not impressed by Ford's latest pony car. On the other hand, I have owned motorcycles that will do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds and quarter miles in under 10 seconds, and have concluded that there is something to be said for comfort in the speed/comfort trade-off, which is why I now ride a "touring" motorcycle.

I realized this afternoon as I was reading these reviews that in 40 years of car ownership, I have never owned an 8 cylinder car. Those of you who currently own a Mustang, and the magazine writers reviewing the latest iteration, may not be impressed by 0-60 times of 4.4 seconds and 60 mph stopping distance of 107 feet, while riding in leather swathed, air conditioned seat comfort. To me, and the majority of Americans like me, that is a pretty impressive combination of performance and comfort for less than $40K. I'm not canceling my order.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
For me, I am pretty impressed by the reviews... Some were biased but also from ones not too mustang friendly other than that... Real world driving is what I am looking at and the reviews were, for the most part, positive.... To have it compared to an Audi A5.. I am extremely impressed especially since I am coming from an Audi TT... I cant wait to be in one finally... Did my stuff at the credit union today and i am lined up! 72 month at 2.45% is awesome and a 60 at 1.99 is great too but for affordability... 72 with an early payoff is more appealing

Sponsored

mdw195

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Not sure what Boss you refer to, perhaps the LS, but I got my '12 Boss off the showroom floor for $41,300.00 with Recaros and Torsen diff.
That is easy, look where you live.
Come to California and just TRY to find a Boss that sold for under $50k. Can't do it. Even high volume dealerships in the Bay Area with a Boss or two sitting on their lot, were asking $54k and NOT even considering negotiating.
I just do not believe the $41k, even in WVa.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
These reviews are written by writers that regularly drive Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Porsches. I am not surprised that they were not impressed by Ford's latest pony car.
This is really true. I take C/D and MT. Those guys are jaded beyond any normal person's reality. The fastest car I have owned was my 320-HP '99 Cobra, which was probably good for high-13-second 1/4 miles. About what the EB is going to do, with a little more trap speed. My reaction at the time was I didn't need any more power than that.

So why am I worried whether my new GT will run 13.0s, 12.8s or 12.6s? Really, I'm not, except for whatever bragging rights may come with a 12-second car, and I think with MT's 12.8 on the board, I'll go ahead and claim that. The GT is not going to drive like a Ferrari, a Porsche or an M4. That C/D (was it?) preferred it to a 235Mi is pretty good word, since the two cost the same.

I want a car that drives well and is plenty fast. I am not going to be disappointed.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
That is easy, look where you live.
Come to California and just TRY to find a Boss that sold for under $50k. Can't do it. Even high volume dealerships in the Bay Area with a Boss or two sitting on their lot, were asking $54k and NOT even considering negotiating.
I just do not believe the $41k, even in WVa.
Yeah, $41K is about $2K below sticker. If he got that price, he got a steal on it. Definitely not typical in my experience.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Well I think it's optimistic thinking and it never hurts to have that mindset, but I don't see it happening within this generation, at least not on a large scale. Realistically, the high-po variants might get some aluminum bits (or other lightweight materials) in select areas, but nothing to the extent of the F150.
I don't see mustang matching up or bridging that much a gap to the F series however going global might actually make that a possibilty since the F series is not necessarily on a global market... but when they say f series don't they mean F150, F250, 350, 450 as a whole? What is the mustang sales figures compared to just the F150 sales?

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51

The quite exhaust is getting annoying. With he Boss and GT500 they offer a great sounding factory exhaust. It's not like the material costs are more. No reason why they can't offer that on the whole lineup. It's like they do it on purpose to throw a bone to the aftermarket. :tsk:
Sponsored