Do people always wanna race you?

NoNeckNick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I'm a 42 year old guy who got bit by the "fast car" bug over the last two years. Took my time and did much research. I initially settled on a Dodge Charger. I was severely disappointed after about 6 months. So I traded her in on a 2021 GT. So much happier.

But I've noticed, in town when going to or from work, it seems people wanna race off the line at red lights.

And it could be a damn mini van. They still wanna race me for some reason. Does this happen to you guys?

Nick
Sponsored

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma

Ralph Sizzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
1993 Mustang 5.0 LX HB -- 2022 Mach 1 HP FJG Elite
HaHa! Yes they do šŸ˜‚ In my experience, It's usually the clapped out Kia or Toyota Camry that tries to race. When I run into Chargers/Challengers/ Camaros, they usually don't even try unless its a Hellcat.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah around here itā€™s the clapped out Infinitiā€™s, Civics, and Acuraā€™s. And pickup trucks, which I never understand šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Pulled up next to this tonight. When the light turned green he jumped a car in front of me and let off. I knew I didn't have a chance so just idled away.
tesla.jpg

Sponsored

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Yes itā€™s true . The Mustang is a sexy car especially for the price tag. People know they are fast and the shitty cars want to try and show you up. Itā€™s usually young ones that are trying to impress their friends in the car or so they can tell them they beat a V8 from the lights. Itā€™s no biggie for me blowing those everyday cars away from the lights, I usually have to generally take off in sport and go 20-30km over the limit for them to leave me alone.
The challenge comes when another sports car pulls up next to me and then I have to decide if Iā€™m willing to go to speeds where I will lose my licence and possibly get my car impounded if I get caught is my dilemma.
Luckily Iā€™m a bit older and sensible now (most of the time anyway hahaha šŸ˜)

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Yeah around here itā€™s the clapped out Infinitiā€™s, Civics, and Acuraā€™s. And pickup trucks, which I never understand šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Same.

I don't think people realize the factory performance of this gen. I didn't until I test drove it. It made me rethink all of the money that I dumped into my subaru wrx.

Also, I'm thinking people who like fast cars tend to like to see them go fast. I won't antagonize but might give it the beans for an EV or supercar.

With tuners, trucks, and karens at stop lights.. my favorite response is to look super serious with hands clenched at 10 and 2. Maybe inch towards the light and poke at stuff on the dash. Light goes green, they punch it and watch my headlights disappear in their rearview. Sometimes we meet at the next light and the process repeats.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Same.

I don't think people realize the factory performance of this gen. I didn't until I test drove it. It made me rethink all of the money that I dumped into my subaru wrx.

Also, I'm thinking people who like fast cars tend to like to see them go fast. I won't antagonize but might give it the beans for an EV or supercar.

With tuners, trucks, and karens at stop lights.. my favorite response is to look super serious with hands clenched at 10 and 2. Maybe inch towards the light and poke at stuff on the dash. Light goes green, they punch it and watch my headlights disappear in their rearview. Sometimes we meet at the next light and the process repeats.
Lololol

Grayghostcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10r80
I get it all the time, theres no chill cruises in my car any more... every mid to early 20's kid with a slomarow or a boat show snack pack wants to race me lol ...and they are persistent with that stuff too lol

Sponsored

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
Not necessarily racing but just more so showing off and driving aggressive. Lots of fly bys and staying in my blind spot.

I personally do not engage in any racing or even messing around with strangers but I also get people who mis interpret me passing them/my loudness as an invitation. Sorry my car is loud )= I'm just trying to go to target

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'm surprised no comments on the road race set up Tesla.

I wonder how many laps he gets.

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
I'm a 42 year old guy who got bit by the "fast car" bug over the last two years. Took my time and did much research. I initially settled on a Dodge Charger. I was severely disappointed after about 6 months. So I traded her in on a 2021 GT. So much happier.

But I've noticed, in town when going to or from work, it seems people wanna race off the line at red lights.

And it could be a damn mini van. They still wanna race me for some reason. Does this happen to you guys?

Nick
Yep, but not so much racing. Just the Dodge trucks, Hondas or other "regular" cars that for some reason rip past me because I had the nerve to shift through the gears while allowing my spent gasses to audibly exit my exhaust enroute to the posted speed limit. I call these clowns the "I'll show you" crowd. I figure that if these folks get this weird when I drive normally, they'd lose their freaking minds if they saw how I drive (safely of course) on a deserted country road with the exhaust in track mode LOL!

I just ignore them, don't engage, and if for some reason they act like they might be a real problem, change my route to avoid the possibility of them doing something really stupid that could damage my car.
Sponsored