DIY Driver's Side Door Removal

colinwarmstrong

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang V6
Has anyone successfully removed a driver's side door? I have figured out the three bolts I need to remove to disconnect the door from the hinges and frame, but I haven't been able to figure out how to disconnect the set of wires that run into the door from the body of the car.

There seems to be a wire harness that sits in the door frame but I haven't been able to pry the harness free to see the back of it. There doesn't seem to be a way to disconnect this harness from the front, but it could possibly be disconnected from the back? I may be able to get to the back of it by removing the kick panel, but I'm trying to find an easier way of disconnecting these wires before going that route.

I also removed the inner door panel and took out the speaker thinking maybe I could find a way to disconnect the wires there but had no luck.

Any tips or helpful resources are greatly appreciated, thanks!

Edit: I added a few photos of the wire harness in a reply directly below this post
Sponsored

OP
OP

colinwarmstrong

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang V6
Has anyone successfully removed a driver's side door? I have figured out the three bolts I need to remove to disconnect the door from the hinges and frame, but I haven't been able to figure out how to disconnect the set of wires that run into the door from the body of the car.

There seems to be a wire harness that sits in the door frame but I haven't been able to pry the harness free to see the back of it. There doesn't seem to be a way to disconnect this harness from the front, but it could possibly be disconnected from the back? I may be able to get to the back of it by removing the kick panel, but I'm trying to find an easier way of disconnecting these wires before going that route.

I also removed the inner door panel and took out the speaker thinking maybe I could find a way to disconnect the wires there but had no luck.

Any tips or helpful resources are greatly appreciated, thanks!
IMG_1030.jpg
IMG_1031.jpg
IMG_1032.jpg

GMB Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT, 16 Escape, 21 F250 (all Ruby Red)
Vehicle Showcase
that plug is disconnected from inside the driver's side kick panel then remove from the body shell.