Ditching Procharger... Paxton 2200 or VMP GEN 2

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Question about this DEFCON thing. Would fuel cut off on deceleration cause knock. I'm revving my car past 7k and it pulls hard, but when I let off the gas and RPMs start to drop, I'm seeing knock. Anywhere from 4-7 positive knock so it's pulling timing 4-7 degrees.
Working correctly it wouldn't, as no fuel would be in the cylinder to actually knock. If it is not working correctly or only working partially you can get knock from cylinders being lean. During this time if the throttle is closed not much air will be in the cylinder so pressure from the knock will be minimal. If you are getting knock when the throttle is opening then the knock could be more potent. You have to watch your lambda and throttle angle to get an idea of how strong the knock might be.
Sponsored

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
Are you increasing your clyair multipliers? I'm not sure what the Diablo equivalent would be. I've seen it where when they are increased to high dfco doesn't work.
no not touching them. they dont even like to go into decel stock even.

Question about this DEFCON thing. Would fuel cut off on deceleration cause knock. I'm revving my car past 7k and it pulls hard, but when I let off the gas and RPMs start to drop, I'm seeing knock. Anywhere from 4-7 positive knock so it's pulling timing 4-7 degrees.
no that would not cause any knock at all. possibly something vibrating and causing false knock more than likely

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
to procharger 6mt guys, do your cars go full lean off throttle? ever since install my car doesn't really engine brake.. when I go off throttle the car keeps running at stoich AFR. which i'm assuming is related to the rev hang issue i've been having.

weird thing is, if i wind it past 3k rpm the revs drop instantly at clutch in, and AFRs peg full lean. which is what it should be? but if i clutch in at 2800 rpm the car hangs revs like mad.

http://i.imgur.com/EV4JnlI.png
If you don't want the rev-match turned on.
Send your serial number, last tune written, to [email protected] (ATTN: Erik)

I will remove that for you,
Most people like it, its actually that way stock... the blower just amps it up a bit.

easy to remove,
Thanks!
Erik

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 1992 SSP LX 5.0 W/ 331 stroker
So what's the word? Any luck?

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
Dude said he got help from Lund then just disappeared

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
I didnt get help from Lund, only a confirmation that my logs look fine. I havent had a redyno, nor a chance to change out my plugs yet. So I have no new updates outside of after 6k rpms the car seems to break up and seems to not go anywhere. Im needing some time to get more datalogs during this occurrence.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I wonder if it was the cam thing procharger noticed that was different
I was actually just around another S550 that makes 1001rwhp.
And it runs basically the same cam timing that I normally do.
(not tuned by me,his car as also procharged, but with no IMRC's)

So at least I know those angles work....ranging from 600-1000rwhp.

Anyways, sounds like the OP is going to get to the bottom of it.
Obviously, no car should be breaking up in the high rpms.
Hopefully its something silly like cracked plugs (happens)

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Hopefully its something silly like cracked plugs (happens)
thats what Im hoping. Im not wanting to go WOT often until I figure it out. Car feels great below 5800rpms, but hits a wall after, not like Ive felt before. Just a lot going on outside of car things so hoping to find time soon to inspect plugs this weekend.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thats what Im hoping. Im not wanting to go WOT often until I figure it out. Car feels great below 5800rpms, but hits a wall after, not like Ive felt before. Just a lot going on outside of car things so hoping to find time soon to inspect plugs this weekend.
Hey, can you send me some logs. I have the exact same problem with the Lund tuned Stage 2 Procharger with D1. The car feels like it's gonna make power, but when I get on it, it feels like I have 2.10 rear end gears. It just is not making power.

My logs show a lot of knock. Like a sick amount of knock. Maybe Procharger an take a peek at my logs and tell me what they think. Lund also told me my logs "look awesome", but I am seeing 10 degrees of knock. Insane. Lund says it's false knock and I need to find where it's coming from. I put the car on a lift the other night and went over everything. I found a loose intercooler bolt so I buttoned it up. I really thought that was the problem but no go.

Nemesys, I'm thinking you might have the same problem. Email me your logs and let's get to the bottom of this. I ran a stock 16 2SS Camaro auto driven by a girl and we were neck and neck. I'm embarrassed to tell people I have a Procharger and can't beat a stock Camaro. I must be making 400whp.

Here is my log from this morning.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vr2pr3rsjxa8zf/log0049.csv?dl=0

Sponsored

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
Hey, can you send me some logs. I have the exact same problem with the Lund tuned Stage 2 Procharger with D1. The car feels like it's gonna make power, but when I get on it, it feels like I have 2.10 rear end gears. It just is not making power.

My logs show a lot of knock. Like a sick amount of knock. Maybe Procharger an take a peek at my logs and tell me what they think. Lund also told me my logs "look awesome", but I am seeing 10 degrees of knock. Insane. Lund says it's false knock and I need to find where it's coming from. I put the car on a lift the other night and went over everything. I found a loose intercooler bolt so I buttoned it up. I really thought that was the problem but no go.

Nemesys, I'm thinking you might have the same problem. Email me your logs and let's get to the bottom of this. I ran a stock 16 2SS Camaro auto driven by a girl and we were neck and neck. I'm embarrassed to tell people I have a Procharger and can't beat a stock Camaro. I must be making 400whp.

try tightening down the blower belt some. i have seen 5 of them now where the belt wasn't tight enough and the tensioner is "wobbling" and setting of the sensors.

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

I've been through two tuners who said they thought I had false knock also. I bought some "Race Gas" concentrate from summit racing and mixed enough in the tank to give me 94-95 octane. The "false" knock went away, meaning it was real knock because the octane increase eliminated it. Just an FYI that you can deteermine if it's false or not with gas.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been through two tuners who said they thought I had false knock also. I bought some "Race Gas" concentrate from summit racing and mixed enough in the tank to give me 94-95 octane. The "false" knock went away, meaning it was real knock because the octane increase eliminated it. Just an FYI that you can deteermine if it's false or not with gas.
Yeah, I tried that last week. Put Octane in on Sunday with a full tank, by Tuesday with half a tank the car started waking up. But I still think I was seeing knock but the car was way faster.

Now I got a tune revision and it seems the knock is worse now. I was told to buy VP Racing Fuel Octane Booster and add to half a tank. I will see if that does anything.

I have another tuner that says he can tune the car properly, just sucks paying all this money and not getting anywhere, then having to switch. But I just want the car tuned properly.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
try tightening down the blower belt some. i have seen 5 of them now where the belt wasn't tight enough and the tensioner is "wobbling" and setting of the sensors.

I checked the belt and it was nice and tight, but I will double check the tensioner.

Sorry to hijack your thread Nemesys.
:headbonk:
Sponsored