Disappointed

Lb353

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I have long sought to own a Mustang GT. This past Christmas my wife got me a 2017 GT PP1 with only 9000 miles on it. Talk about !!
So, just tinkering around I put in a Steeda H-pipe and loved the mod. Then, while it was on jacks I moved to put in a Steeda M82 Transmission Mount bushing when I noticed the transmission was leaking! I couldn’t see where the leak was coming from, top or side, but dripping where the rear casing is. Took to dealer on Friday, transmission needs to be replaced. Don’t know exactly what the issue was, will find out details on Monday. Still love everything about my GT. Just disappointed that after only 16,112 miles on a car, any car, a transmission needs to be replaced. Still can’t wait to get her back!

I do have one question for anyone with the time to answer. I want to add the Steeda Shifter Base Bushing Bracket, can I also add the Barton Two-Post Manual Transmission Shifter Bracket? Or is this redundant? If so, is one mod better than the other?
Thanks!
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Two words Powertrain Warranty

OP
OP
Lb353

Lb353

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have long sought to own a Mustang GT. This past Christmas my wife got me a 2017 GT PP1 with only 9000 miles on it. Talk about !!
So, just tinkering around I put in a Steeda H-pipe and loved the mod. Then, while it was on jacks I moved to put in a Steeda M82 Transmission Mount bushing when I noticed the transmission was leaking! I couldn’t see where the leak was coming from, top or side, but dripping where the rear casing is. Took to dealer on Friday, transmission needs to be replaced. Don’t know exactly what the issue was, will find out details on Monday. Still love everything about my GT. Just disappointed that after only 16,112 miles on a car, any car, a transmission needs to be replaced. Still can’t wait to get her back!

I do have one question for anyone with the time to answer. I want to add the Steeda Shifter Base Bushing Bracket, can I also add the Barton Two-Post Manual Transmission Shifter Bracket? Or is this redundant? If so, is one mod better than the other?
Thanks!
Probably a seal/gasket. Surprised they would replace the whole transmission. Was it shifting poorly? How much fluid was missing?

OP
OP
Lb353

Lb353

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Probably a seal/gasket. Surprised they would replace the whole transmission. Was it shifting poorly? How much fluid was missing?
Lots of clanking in first and second gear, but I read through many post on this issue by other owners who said this was characteristic of the MT-82. The fluid was low. I took it straight to the dealer. The call I received was from the service desk who did not have exact details. I too was surprised the transmission was to be replaced. I am going to speak with the mechanic today to get the story. No lockouts in upper gears, have missed 2nd to 3rd a couple of times under normal driving. I have been easy on the car since I got it, just enjoying it. I have opened it of a few times and no issues. Interested to know what is the issue. Hope it is just the seal like you said, plan on keeping it till the grave!
Sponsored