Sponsored

Disabling tri-bar headlight leds on 18+ mustang .

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
There was another post years ago where a Euro user wanted to swap their headlight to get the tri bars. If it was as easy as forscan or a switch someone would have figured it out over the past nine years. 🤭
Yeah, I remember reading it at the time. Also, I think the F150/FoST forums tried chasing it down too. It's been 4 years since my FoST, but I feel like the fix was to get euro spec headlights (And along with come someone to tell me I am wrong LOL).
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ramairetransam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 s550
I hate how the tri bars looks , i don't care about harking back to the day of the original stangs . With that aftermarket headlights are out of the question as this is a daily driver that will see snow , upstate NY . Give it some time and ill probably stop caring about it . I'm not good with electronics but hopefully 1 day before i get rid of the car someone figures out a way to disable them .

Id be curious about the eu headlights , now i have to see what they look like , hopefully i can find a pic of them ,.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I hate how the tri bars looks , i don't care about harking back to the day of the original stangs . With that aftermarket headlights are out of the question as this is a daily driver that will see snow , upstate NY . Give it some time and ill probably stop caring about it . I'm not good with electronics but hopefully 1 day before i get rid of the car someone figures out a way to disable them .

Id be curious about the eu headlights , now i have to see what they look like , hopefully i can find a pic of them ,.
There are aftermarket headlight replacements you can get that do not have the tribars. Check out American Muscle or CJ Pony.

Sponsored

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I have not seen or heard of turning them off? but i have heard of tying them into the sequential turn signals, with catastrophic results..........lol. our electronics are twitchy at best dont mess with them. and always buy the extended warranty for electronics

illadvised

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian Spilner
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - 6R80 - Paxton 2200SL
There's gotta be ways to do it. They are usually referred to as DRLs and you might have better luck searching things like "disable drls" or "deactivate drls"

You can for sure break them if you just want them off forever. I have seen posts before of people who had their DRLs stop working due to the DRL circuit board inside the headlight going bad. You could open the headlights and just unplug or unsolder whatever gives them power

But I'd think there has to be a way to disable them via forscan

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
There's gotta be ways to do it. They are usually referred to as DRLs and you might have better luck searching things like "disable drls" or "deactivate drls"

You can for sure break them if you just want them off forever. I have seen posts before of people who had their DRLs stop working due to the DRL circuit board inside the headlight going bad. You could open the headlights and just unplug or unsolder whatever gives them power

But I'd think there has to be a way to disable them via forscan
You would think but you would be wrong. People have asked about this since 2014. It’s a no go.
Sponsored