Sponsored

Source connector with Wiring Harness for 15-17 fog light parking/front lamps vs 18+ fog light/front parking lamp

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Hi I was curious if the source connector for the 18+ fog/parking lights is same as the 15-17 fog/parking lights?

reasoning is if I did some bumper conversion and had to revert back to 15-17 fogs/front side marker, I know the 18+ has a single 5 pin connector, vs the 15-17 that has one 2 pin and one 3 pin (equals 5).

but is the source of the harness same so it could feed off same, or this all needs splicing of some kind anyway to split up the single 5 pins to the 2x3 of the 15-17? if the source harness turns out to be different connector or two connectors instead?

I do not know the part numbers for the 15-17 fog/parking lamp harness or the 18+ one either so would need help on that.

Anyone have information on this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I could swap out to a 15-17 wiring harness with ACC?

I bet everything hooks up just fine, the connector for the headlights on a 18 look same as a 15 so probably can swap to a 15-17 harness that takes care of the parking lamp conversion and retain the 18+ headlamps and ACC.

HR3Z-14290-D

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
If you find a wiring diagram you should be able to de pin the 5 pin connector and split it and re pin the 2 and 3 pin connectors.

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
If you find a wiring diagram you should be able to de pin the 5 pin connector and split it and re pin the 2 and 3 pin connectors.

I looked more closely, the parking lamps is a single 6 pin connector, probably due to fog light wire also in it.

Is the parking lamps stuff all part of that giant harness you have to get that includes the fuse box? or a separate harness?

I see that you can order repair pigtails for the side markers with a 10" wire that could be crimped into the 18+ wiring?

But not sure if they voltage and sequences would even match up?
Sponsored