Retro-fitting Front Parking Sensors

steerage250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback, 1928 Model A Ford
Does anyone know if it's possible to retro-fit front parking sensors and have them integrated with the system (ie behave like factory-fitted units)?

Ian
Sponsored

WayBlack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT 6 Speed Manual
I too think this is an omission that Ford should have included in the standard pack....to be honest I just assumed when I saw PDC included that it would be front and back.....Very surprised when I found it not to be:frusty:

To integrate with the OEM kit i.e. sound and on screen graphics would require Ford to re write their software to get this to work.

The way I see it, unless Ford come up with an add on kit software included (unlikely), the alternative is to fit an aftermarket PDC kit that would need to have a different tone to the rear, but no nice on screen graphics:doh:

That's what I think I will do anyhow!

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I think they are called your eyes

OP
OP

steerage250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback, 1928 Model A Ford

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I too think this is an omission that Ford should have included in the standard pack....to be honest I just assumed when I saw PDC included that it would be front and back.....Very surprised when I found it not to be:frusty:

To integrate with the OEM kit i.e. sound and on screen graphics would require Ford to re write their software to get this to work.

The way I see it, unless Ford come up with an add on kit software included (unlikely), the alternative is to fit an aftermarket PDC kit that would need to have a different tone to the rear, but no nice on screen graphics:doh:

That's what I think I will do anyhow!
Yep considering how bad the front visibility is over the right hood, they should have had front/side sensors like most cars have. GT350 hood is waaaaay better to see the right side over.

My buddy scraped his S550 a few months back on one of the parking columns here...thought he was totally clear and ripppp....$800 bucks later to fix a blemish.

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Yeah, I used to bash the underside of the front of my '05 S197 on curbs and the concrete stops in parking lots all the time.

Trying to pull in far enough so my ass-end isn't sticking out, waiting for someone to tear it off.... "Am I close enough, am I close enough, am I close enough, *scrape*."

I've been very cautious with the S550, which seems like it's even harder to tell where the front ends; may need to invest in one of the aftermarket sensors.

CaseyJr.

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.circlecdesigns.com
First Name
CJ
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic GT Premium PP Manual
I have the sensor, I'm extremely happy with it

OP
OP