Disable key fob panic button?

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Is there anyway either physically or electronically to do this?

I’ve set off my panic alarm more times than I can remember because of sitting the wrong way with the key in my pocket.

Is there anyway in forscan (which I don’t have) or a way to take apart the key fob and disable it? seems like there should be. Anyone else have this problem? Or the solution to it?
Sponsored

Templarum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
Is there anyway either physically or electronically to do this?

I’ve set off my panic alarm more times than I can remember because of sitting the wrong way with the key in my pocket.

Is there anyway in forscan (which I don’t have) or a way to take apart the key fob and disable it? seems like there should be. Anyone else have this problem? Or the solution to it?
No crap. I don't know how many times I wondered what idiot's car was beeping only to figure out it was mine after a couple minutes because I sat down weirdly while the key was in my pocket. Now I leave it in the car when it is in the garage and keep it in an empty pocket when I have to carry it.

If you take the fob apart you could probably peel off the little conductor peice from the panic button so it doesn't make contact when pressed. Otherwise there may be a command line in forscan that can be switched to zero, but I'm unaware of a specific line item.

Refer to this link too...

OP
OP
W.O.T. Stang

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Panic Alarm On Fob DisabledBCM726-37-01 xxxx xxx0 xxxxDisable
Panic Alarm On Fob EnabledBCM726-37-01 xxxx xxx2 xxxxEnable
Panic Alarm On Fob Requires 2 PressesBCM726-37-01 xxxx xxx1 xxxxEnable
Im going to look into forscan now. I've seen so many options that i'd like to set. Thank you for letting me know it is indeed possible.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I changed the setting from on to 2 presses right away. That way the function is there if ever needed, but you'd never set it off inadvertently again. I just paid $15 for the switched cable; best cheap mod ever. Ha ha.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
my wife just set off the panic alarm today when she got back from the grocery store! She was just putting the fob in her pocket.

OP
OP
W.O.T. Stang

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
I have those on all three of my fobs, wife still set it off the other day. But maybe without them, maybe she would have set it off a lot more!
Sponsored