Sponsored

Disable Intelligent Access?

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Is it possible to disable intelligent access? I’ve searched the owners manual and the forum but can’t seem to find out if you can disable it or not.
Sponsored

5.0AVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red 401A PP1 GT
Yes it is. I disabled it through the digital dash.

OP
OP
Ecoboosted

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes it is. I disabled it through the digital dash.
Can you elaborate on this? How did you disable it? I added the digital dash but can’t seem to find the settings. Thanks

OP
OP
Ecoboosted

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is the setting called to disable it? I don’t have anything that mentions intelligent access in my settings.

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
any more info would help, what are you trying to do and why do you want it off. Are you trying to leave a key in the car and then lock and unlock with phone? I see some work arounds on web but nothing that explains how to disable it. i can find where you can disable or enable autolock in the instrument display but not the complete intelligent access system. ON page 52 it says you can not shift the car out of park if a intelligent access key is not detected... I did a pdf search of the owners manual and it seems the system is tied into lots of things included remote functions from the app. so if it was turned off you wouldn't be able to open or start the car from the app either. I dont think it is able to be disabled from what I can find.

OP
OP
Ecoboosted

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am wanting to turn it off / disable it and not be able to touch the door handle to open or close the door. I just want to use the remote and press the lock or unlock buttons. I’d like to disable the intelligent access to the doors if it’s possible. I don’t have an option for auto lock in my settings.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I am wanting to turn it off / disable it and not be able to touch the door handle to open or close the door. I just want to use the remote and press the lock or unlock buttons. I’d like to disable the intelligent access to the doors if it’s possible.
Well from the way im understanding it is one the system cant be disabled as its tied into many other systems not just the doors and two. If you could disable it, it is tied to the remote app so that two would stop working. Im guessing this is why you cant find info on it cause it cant be turned off. Also what then do you do if you get it to work how you want and your phones dies or in area with no signal. Or phones dropped and broken, stolen or lost. Sorry im not much help but i looked and cant find anything but other people asking same question with no answers from last few years so my guess is it cant be done. If you figure it out let us know. You might be able to with foescan but like I said i think youll loose the remote unlock too as its listed as a inteligent access feature.

OP
OP
Ecoboosted

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your help. I don’t have the feature on the app to lock / unlock the doors from my phone. I don’t think that is a feature available for the 18’ Mustangs.

My main concern is for would be thieves / hackers trying to capture the transmitter signal for the intelligent access and break into / steal the car.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Thanks for your help. I don’t have the feature on the app to lock / unlock the doors from my phone. I don’t think that is a feature available for the 18’ Mustangs.

My main concern is for would be thieves / hackers trying to capture the transmitter signal for the intelligent access and break into / steal the car.
The easiest option would be a farady pouch. Blocks the keys signal. They sell them on amazon.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ecoboosted

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The easiest option would be a farady pouch. Blocks the keys signal. They sell them on amazon.
Yea I have one for each remote and I got them from Amazon.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
A cookie tin or any thin metal box works just as well.

I dunno, maybe they just don't give you the option on higher trim vehicles, or they added the setting for 19 or 20.

OP
OP
Ecoboosted

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A cookie tin or any thin metal box works just as well.

I dunno, maybe they just don't give you the option on higher trim vehicles, or they added the setting for 19 or 20.
My car came with the analog gauges and I swapped in a digital cluster. Maybe your right the setting might not be there because I have a 18’.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
My car came with the analog gauges and I swapped in a digital cluster. Maybe your right the setting might not be there because I have a 18’.
I have the digital cluster from factory and a 19 and my manual doesnt say anything about being able to disable it. Ill check my menus tomorrow but Ive been though them really well and dont recall seeing that setting. But Ill say again Intelligent access runs more then just the being able to get in the car from the handles. I dont think there is an option to turn it off as then many systems wouldn't work. Its part of the my key system and the seat memories and the port under the cup holders... The keys themselves are part of it and have to be programmed to it. When you stand out side the car and push the button to unlock the car that is part of it to. So if you turned it off sure the handles wouldn't work but neither would the key less entry. Its all tied together and why I dont think it can be turned off. But IM often wrong :) Ill go through my menus tomorrow and see. Ill report back.

OP
OP
Ecoboosted

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I’m naming it wrong. I’m looking for the setting if there is one that allows you to disable locking and unlocking the doors by touching the door handles. I want to render them useless.
Sponsored