Sponsored

Diode Dynamics Delivers!

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I'll come out and say it. I love these guys. I ordered a pair of HP3 194 LED bulbs for my rear side markers just yesterday and they were in my mailbox TODAY!!! Granted I only live about 90 miles away but this tells me they got it in the mail yesterday shortly after my order. This is my 4th order from them and I will be ordering the switchback signals when they come back in stock. They have been courteous, helpful and even offered to send a set of replacement bulbs when the USPS misdelivered a package of theirs to me recently. These guys are the tops in my book. :)

Thank you Diode Dynamics. :D
Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
Meeh, they are alright.
I am not happy with how long it took them to get their "re-based" front turn signals. all they did was shave down the sides to let the bulb sit further in the socket. I could have done that myself, and it wouldn't of taken 2 months.
I am also not happy with how much brighter my turn signals are than my running lights.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I'll come out and say it. I love these guys. I ordered a pair of HP3 194 LED bulbs for my rear side markers just yesterday and they were in my mailbox TODAY!!! Granted I only live about 90 miles away but this tells me they got it in the mail yesterday shortly after my order. This is my 4th order from them and I will be ordering the switchback signals when they come back in stock. They have been courteous, helpful and even offered to send a set of replacement bulbs when the USPS misdelivered a package of theirs to me recently. These guys are the tops in my book. :)

Thank you Diode Dynamics. :D
I agree. Top notch for sure. Fast shipping and very helpful.

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Meeh, they are alright.
I am not happy with how long it took them to get their "re-based" front turn signals. all they did was shave down the sides to let the bulb sit further in the socket. I could have done that myself, and it wouldn't of taken 2 months.
I am also not happy with how much brighter my turn signals are than my running lights.
Thats too bad. They did address the issue I believe with those that ordered early and are getting new ones to those who had problems. Although frustrating I see that as a positive customer relations interaction. Are you seeing too much light from the signals or from the side marker lights?

I agree. Top notch for sure. Fast shipping and very helpful.
Totally agree. I wish more companies would operate as they do. I don't mind paying a bit more if you get top quality customer service/assistance with it. I only have good things to say. :)

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Meeh, they are alright.
Thanks for your feedback! Obviously we could have shaved the base right away, but that alone did not fix the problem. While we still didn't have enough time to tool and mold a new base, we did switch the base out for a different one with a more defined center tab, which is also needed to ensure good fitment. You can't simply make the modification to the original bulbs we shipped.

We made a number of other changes to the design as well. We were not going to take the chance that anything else would be problematic for anyone. All of this takes time.

Unfortunately, "too bright" is not a complaint we've ever really had to worry about. Certainly a "good" problem to have, but we're currently trying to determine whether we can offer any solution for those who believe our bulbs are too bright. Of course, we always offer 30-day returns with no restocking fees if you're not happy with the products for any reason.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Laztug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats too bad. They did address the issue I believe with those that ordered early and are getting new ones to those who had problems. Although frustrating I see that as a positive customer relations interaction. Are you seeing too much light from the signals or from the side marker lights?
Both outshine the factory running lights, the DD bulbs also have a blue tint to them.

Thanks for your feedback! Obviously we could have shaved the base right away, but that alone did not fix the problem. While we still didn't have enough time to tool and mold a new base, we did switch the base out for a different one with a more defined center tab, which is also needed to ensure good fitment. You can't simply make the modification to the original bulbs we shipped.

We made a number of other changes to the design as well. We were not going to take the chance that anything else would be problematic for anyone. All of this takes time.

Unfortunately, "too bright" is not a complaint we've ever really had to worry about. Certainly a "good" problem to have, but we're currently trying to determine whether we can offer any solution for those who believe our bulbs are too bright. Of course, we always offer 30-day returns with no restocking fees if you're not happy with the products for any reason.

Thanks!
Maybe I received the wrong bulbs? The bulbs I received looked like someone whittled away at the base of the bulb until the socket wouldn't spit it out.
The letters on the side of the bulb were rubbed almost completely off when I opened the package.

I lost my old bulbs and I have too many projects going on right now to ship these bulbs back AGAIN. I will stick it out until you guys fix your current bulbs. ( temperature / brightness / delay between switchback)
We do not need these bulbs to be so bright, they are not headlights or foglights nor can they outshine them.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Maybe I received the wrong bulbs? The bulbs I received looked like someone whittled away at the base of the bulb until the socket wouldn't spit it out.
The letters on the side of the bulb were rubbed almost completely off when I opened the package.
You received the correct bulbs. As I said, there are a number of changes to the bulbs aside from the portion of the base that was removed. The base is completely different to start with, the pin diameter is smaller to ensure greater flexibility, the bulb is shorter overall, and the internal circuit had to be rearranged to accommodate the new base.

Some other information regarding your concerns:
- We removed the labeling intentionally to avoid confusion vs. the original bulb numbering.
- The delay of white turning back on after amber flashes is required- that's how the bulb works.
- The factory DRL cannot be matched perfectly by a replacement LED, as the diffuser modifies the color spectrum in a way that gives it a purplish/greenish skew in the spectrum. You'll see that even the factory HID and factory fogs do not match the DRL bars perfectly.
- Most people prefer their LEDs to be bright- that's what most people expect when they upgrade their lighting.

We believe that the bulbs work very well now. We do not intend on making any further significant changes. Please contact us via email to return for refund if you wish. Thank you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Thanks to all for posting up in this thread.

I think I will be alright with the brightness and color of the switchbacks. I don't mind a slight bluish hint to the color and as for brightness it will help some of the craptastic drivers in my area see me coming and hopefully not pull out in front of me like many in my area seem to do. If I do deem them too bright I will just pull them but I'll wait until I buy and install them to see.

DD will work with you Laztug. I hope your issue gets rectified to your satisfaction. :)

Again my thanks to DD, I have been pleased with every purchase and install so far. :D

Laztug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am not going to go out and buy another set of oem bulbs, swap out the dd bulbs, wait for dd to send me a return label, package, ship, and track a refund.
It's just not a priority right now...... I have a mess of parts I am trying to track and get together for my sti, and an issue I am trying to resolve on my 2012. These bulbs are just not worth the effort. I am not going to spend any more time on bulbs I placed an order for on 11/27/14. :crazy:6

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I am not going to go out and buy another set of oem bulbs, swap out the dd bulbs, wait for dd to send me a return label, package, ship, and track a refund.
It's just not a priority right now...... I have a mess of parts I am trying to track and get together for my sti, and an issue I am trying to resolve on my 2012. These bulbs are just not worth the effort. I am not going to spend any more time on bulbs I placed an order for on 11/27/14. :crazy:6
Rule #1: Always wrap up and save the original bulbs and store them away. I actually needed to use an original bulb recently for another one of my vehicles that I pulled over a decade ago and I had the original bulb available. ;)

Best wishes. :)

Sponsored

gunsnbutta

its just a 2 door fusion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with Laztug. While I just got my replacement DD switchbacks in yesterday (very quick 2 day shipping), the temperature is off from the factory HID's to the DRL bars, to the LED fog lamps. They are all a different hue. I was hoping this would be fixed, but it's not THAT big of a deal for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gunsnbutta

its just a 2 door fusion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
this pic doesn't show THAT much of a difference but I does look good.

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
this pic doesn't show THAT much of a difference but I does look good.

I like the look. Have to wait until the switchbacks come in though.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
The only thing I don't like is they don't match the headlights. They are very bright and look way better than the ugly orange though.
Question does everyone's switchbacks take a sec for the clear to Come back on after the turn signal switches off?