evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
So my girlfriend tried to get my the interior light kit as an Xmas present and its been a real pain. I wanted to get the brightest light for the backup part of the kit, but that was sold out, so we went with the next step down. First she ordered before Xmas (Order No:
11211168, 12/19) and a few days before Xmas, she received an email from Michael N that somehow Diode did not get paid by PayPal. This Mail was sent Dec 22nd, and had a funny line at the bottom of mail trying to blame PayPal for not notifying Diode which in our opinion is a very big bag of not our problem. She was able to get it resolved quickly but we got a note that it may not come for Xmas. I was pretty disappointed Xmas delivery was going to be missed, but oh well.

Today, she checks the status of the order and its backordered with no ETA. No notification sent to her. She just saw this on the website:

This is awful customer service. No communications since the payment delay. So you will email us when money is missing, but when are goods are late, silence? That comes off as a scam. I frankly don't trust Diode but my girlfriend is more trusting here. I know some Diode people are on here, so we would like a full shipping refund. Also we would like a partial refund on the order for two reasons, this is late Xmas gift and you were out of what I wanted. As it was we had to compromise on the order, the extreme tardiness at this point is insulting and icing on the cake.

Thanks,
Mike

I would dispute the charge and get your money back. I am going to do that with most of my orders if my parts don't get shipped soon. I have never seen sh*t like this before. In the Subaru world when I ordered parts they were shipped the same day or next business day.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I can fully appreciate your frustration and get quite pissed myself when stuff like this happens. That said, I've dealt with Diode a decent bit in the last two years and know many others that have as well and they are not out to scam you or anyone else. Just give them a call or email and I suspect they will either get your product asap or refund you without question.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Today, she checks the status of the order and its backordered with no ETA. No notification sent to her. She just saw this on the website:
I'm very sorry for all of the trouble you've experienced. The holidays are the busiest time of the year for everyone, and even though we prepared as best we could, it seems we made some mistakes. Even though we shipped thousands of orders same-day, with no problems, it really doesn't matter if someone has a poor experience like you've had. I buy things online all the time, and I would also be very frustrated. I am personally very sorry.

I know it won't help much, but I'll try to explain what likely happened, for anyone interested. While it may seem like we had poor intent, I'd like to assure you that this was certainly not our goal. We just made mistakes, and did not handle your entire order as we should have.

1. Paypal notifications. Paypal's IPN is extremely buggy and does not always work well with our eCommerce software. We send an email to anyone placing a Paypal order, in order to ensure that we do not miss any payments that might have been made, when Paypal's IPN does not notify our website that there was an order. This at least allows us to recify the issue, otherwise, it is very difficult to see incoming payments that are unrecorded in a timely manner. We actually did not accept Paypal for quite some time due to this problem, but brought it back a few months ago due to demand. We are in the process of launching a new website, which should resolve this issue.

2. Christmas delivery. This year, we guaranteed delivery by Christmas until the 17th, as publicized on our website directly and in our newsletter. You emailed us after placing your order, and asked if it would be delivered by Christmas, which is when we quickly and directly replied that it might not arrive in time. We would have been glad to refund your order immediately if this was unacceptable. Perhaps next year we'll add a notice on the checkout window after the cutoff date, to warn customers before placing their order.

3. Stock status. Although any backorder is inexcusable, our current website just does not update in real-time, so we are unable to provide real-time inventory information. Again, this time of year is our busiest, so unfortunately, some items go out of stock before we can update our website. We do email all customers directly when there is an issue, and based on our records, we did send an email to you on the 19th informing you and apologizing that the vanity lights were out of stock. As it was sent immediately after your order, perhaps it was confused with an order confirmation email.
I know some Diode people are on here, so we would like a full shipping refund. Also we would like a partial refund on the order for two reasons, this is late Xmas gift and you were out of what I wanted. As it was we had to compromise on the order, the extreme tardiness at this point is insulting and icing on the cake.
We are going to refund your order in full, and we will ship your items as soon as they arrive. Again, I apologize for the poor experience. We will continue to work to ensure this cannot happen for any future customers. It seems we have a lot to work on before next holiday season rolls around. I do appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best,
Paul McCain
General Manager, Diode Dynamics

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
I would dispute the charge and get your money back. I am going to do that with most of my orders if my parts don't get shipped soon. I have never seen sh*t like this before. In the Subaru world when I ordered parts they were shipped the same day or next business day.
This is a new platform for everyone (vendors included). The delays are normal and should be expected. Once everyone catches up it will be normal. In the 05-14 mustangs everything ships same day for the most part.

Sponsored

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
I'm very sorry for all of the trouble you've experienced. The holidays are the busiest time of the year for everyone, and even though we prepared as best we could, it seems we made some mistakes. Even though we shipped thousands of orders same-day, with no problems, it really doesn't matter if someone has a poor experience like you've had. I buy things online all the time, and I would also be very frustrated. I am personally very sorry.

I know it won't help much, but I'll try to explain what likely happened, for anyone interested. While it may seem like we had poor intent, I'd like to assure you that this was certainly not our goal. We just made mistakes, and did not handle your entire order as we should have.

1. Paypal notifications. Paypal's IPN is extremely buggy and does not always work well with our eCommerce software. We send an email to anyone placing a Paypal order, in order to ensure that we do not miss any payments that might have been made, when Paypal's IPN does not notify our website that there was an order. This at least allows us to recify the issue, otherwise, it is very difficult to see incoming payments that are unrecorded in a timely manner. We actually did not accept Paypal for quite some time due to this problem, but brought it back a few months ago due to demand. We are in the process of launching a new website, which should resolve this issue.

2. Christmas delivery. This year, we guaranteed delivery by Christmas until the 17th, as publicized on our website directly and in our newsletter. You emailed us after placing your order, and asked if it would be delivered by Christmas, which is when we quickly and directly replied that it might not arrive in time. We would have been glad to refund your order immediately if this was unacceptable. Perhaps next year we'll add a notice on the checkout window after the cutoff date, to warn customers before placing their order.

3. Stock status. Although any backorder is inexcusable, our current website just does not update in real-time, so we are unable to provide real-time inventory information. Again, this time of year is our busiest, so unfortunately, some items go out of stock before we can update our website. We do email all customers directly when there is an issue, and based on our records, we did send an email to you on the 19th informing you and apologizing that the vanity lights were out of stock. As it was sent immediately after your order, perhaps it was confused with an order confirmation email.

We are going to refund your order in full, and we will ship your items as soon as they arrive. Again, I apologize for the poor experience. We will continue to work to ensure this cannot happen for any future customers. It seems we have a lot to work on before next holiday season rolls around. I do appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best,
Paul McCain
Way to go! That to me is customer service. I bought from you guys with no problem. I own my own business and can relate to both of you. Its never easy as business always trying to do the right things and you are right, we do make mistake at times. The world is not perfect and technology even less. Thank you for taking time to address the issue immediately.

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
I've ordered from and continue to order from Diode Dynamics using PayPal and never had a problem. For all we know, this may be a small company and are doing their best to do everything from designing, testing, taking and processing hundreds of WEB orders (not just for our Mustangs) and now trying to replace all of the original Mustang switchback turn signal LED's. I would not have gone on the attack without exhausting your other options. I've spoken to them on the phone and I can tell they are rushed. As far as out of stock items, I don't think their web pages reflect real time inventory, so again it takes time to manually update the web pages. And in case your wondering, no, I don't work for nor am I being compensated for this comment.

OP
OP

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black

Best,
Paul McCain

Paul I appreciate the response and attention. This has more than resolved the issue to my satisfaction. Thank you.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Excellent resolution!!

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Paul I appreciate the response and attention. This has more than resolved the issue to my satisfaction. Thank you.
No problem, thank you for your understanding. I have forwarded the refund request to our accounting department, and you'll receive an email confirmation tomorrow. I know that there may be an email delivery issue of some sort, so if you don't receive it, please feel free to call for confirmation. However, Paypal refunds do go through immediately, so you might just watch for the refund in your account tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Paul

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I have ordered from DD and it was great service. Even had questions on the install and sent them a PM and got my answers in a few hours.

Will continue to support these guys.

DD - way to step up to the plate! Great response and resolution.

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Everybody makes mistakes. It's how they rectify the mistakes that counts in my book. Glad to see everyone came out happy!

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
Glad you guys worked it out..... Maybe the thumbs down should be changed to :thumbsup: .....

OP
OP

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black

559Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Paul, how long will it be until the turn signal kit will be available again? I have been checking your site I wanted to order everything in one order, but you guys have been out of stock for awhile now.

No problem, thank you for your understanding. I have forwarded the refund request to our accounting department, and you'll receive an email confirmation tomorrow. I know that there may be an email delivery issue of some sort, so if you don't receive it, please feel free to call for confirmation. However, Paypal refunds do go through immediately, so you might just watch for the refund in your account tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Paul
Sponsored