Digital dash gauges display as text?

Crusch84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I was watching a you tubers video the other day. He has a GT with the digital dash and his gauges were displayed as tex . I cant seem to figure out how to switch to text. Any ideas?
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Scroll up or down when you have the digital gauges displayed and it should pop up.

OP
OP
Crusch84

Crusch84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Scroll up or down when you have the digital gauges displayed and it should pop up.
When I scroll up and down I just get more gauges I have like 5 pages of them and st the top is my accelerometer

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
So when you scroll down/up more gauges show up that you didn’t preselect? Is one of your digital gauges an oil temp gauge?

OP
OP
Crusch84

Crusch84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So when you scroll down/up more gauges show up that you didn’t preselect? Is one of your digital gauges an oil temp gauge?
No oil temp just oil pressure. I just counted I have 4 pages of gauges I can select them I just cant seem to be able to turn them into text.

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Hmmm. I know what you are looking for. I have a transplanted 18 dash in my car and it was an earlier version that has an oil temp gauge and I can scroll through all my gauges as well beyond the ‘three’ I selected but I also have no line gauge. Later firmware upgrades removed the oil temp gauge and added the multi line analog display but also lost the ability to scroll through and see unselected center display gauges. The accelerometer shows up in all versions and a blank screen as well.
So confirming what you’re seeing, if your dash is in regular operational mode and you are seeing your selected gauges in the center, as you scroll down or up you see pages of other gauges in the center that weren’t necessarily the ones you preselected, an accelerometer, and a blank screen?? Is this correct?

OP
OP
Crusch84

Crusch84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes that's correct
Hmmm. I know what you are looking for. I have a transplanted 18 dash in my car and it was an earlier version that has an oil temp gauge and I can scroll through all my gauges as well beyond the ‘three’ I selected but I also have no line gauge. Later firmware upgrades removed the oil temp gauge and added the multi line analog display but also lost the ability to scroll through and see unselected center display gauges. The accelerometer shows up in all versions and a blank screen as well.
So confirming what you’re seeing, if your dash is in regular operational mode and you are seeing your selected gauges in the center, as you scroll down or up you see pages of other gauges in the center that weren’t necessarily the ones you preselected, an accelerometer, and a blank screen?? Is this correct?

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
No worries. So what you have is an earlier firmware like mine. The good news is you can have the firmware upgraded and get what your looking for with the line gauge but you will loose the ability to scroll through the unselected gauges and loose the oil temp gauge. Wasn’t worth it to me to loose the scrolling of all the gauges for it

Sponsored
OP
OP
Crusch84

Crusch84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No worries. So what you have is an earlier firmware like mine. The good news is you can have the firmware upgraded and get what your looking for with the line gauge but you will loose the ability to scroll through the unselected gauges and loose the oil temp gauge. Wasn’t worth it to me to loose the scrolling of all the gauges for it
I see, I'll have to think about it. How did you do the update? Was it OTA or does Ford do it? Thank you for your help

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
firmware update, i posted about this late last year. I like the read out over the gauges. but i dont want to give up my faux oil temp gauge. Its apparently only a "estimate" of what oil temp should be.. i wouldve gladly given up the vacuum read out for a proper oil temp readout

Also ford has to do the firmware. i havent seen it where we can do it. though im really surprised nobody that codes have went in and changed things up yet. i thought for sure custom fonts and gauges would be out by now

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I see, I'll have to think about it. How did you do the update? Was it OTA or does Ford do it? Thank you for your help
I didn’t do the update as I like better the way we have it. Ford can do it but I know others that can but you’d have to remove and ship the console. Obviously going to Ford is the easier route.

OP
OP
Crusch84

Crusch84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
firmware update, i posted about this late last year. I like the read out over the gauges. but i dont want to give up my faux oil temp gauge. Its apparently only a "estimate" of what oil temp should be.. i wouldve gladly given up the vacuum read out for a proper oil temp readout

Also ford has to do the firmware. i havent seen it where we can do it. though im really surprised nobody that codes have went in and changed things up yet. i thought for sure custom fonts and gauges would be out by now
That's cool, I've seen guys change their radio welcome screen with Forscan which is pretty neat

OP
OP
Crusch84

Crusch84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I didn’t do the update as I like better the way we have it. Ford can do it but I know others that can but you’d have to remove and ship the console. Obviously going to Ford is the easier route.
Gotcha well for now I think I'll keep what I got
Sponsored