Sponsored

Did anything change between 2019 and 2020 for the GT350?

OP
OP
GT30fan

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
You mean it is in 2020 they started that new verbiage? Yeah, I saw general articles about Ford and their concern of warranty costs. I think this has been on going because I have to fight my local dealer for everything saying it wasn't' warranty (twice now) that I think is BULLSHIT

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ty-costs-in-bid-to-boost-profit-idUSKBN2841BV
Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
The steering rack and fromt knuckles were also changed from 19 to 20.

OP
OP
GT30fan

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
The steering rack and fromt knuckles were also changed from 19 to 20.
True, but only on the R. I was just wondering about base, but you are 100% correct

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
I never knew about the mirror signals either... :facepalm:

Now I'm eager to get home and see for myself.
So I checked this last night and my mirrors don't have the signals. Perhaps it's part of an optional package? When I ordered my 350, literally the only option I wanted was the carbon fiber dash panel.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
So I checked this last night and my mirrors don't have the signals. Perhaps it's part of an optional package? When I ordered my 350, literally the only option I wanted was the carbon fiber dash panel.
I think it's the part of Technology package which includes the following:

•B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen, featuring 12 speakers, including in-trunk subwoofer, CD player and HD Radio™ Technology
•BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert
•Heated exterior mirrors with integrated turn signals and Cobra® LED door-projector courtesy puddle lamps
•Voice-Activated touchscreen Navigation System with pinch-to-zoom capability and SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link®
• Six-way driver's seat with three (3) memory settings (Shelby GT500® only)

Also, there's no availability of Six-way driver's seat with tree memory settings in 2020 vs 2019 it is included in the Leather-trimmed Sport Seats option. BTW I love these seats. Best feature is cool/heat ventilation integrated in the front seats.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
GT30fan

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Couch seat gang! Finally the realists emerge... those recaros are JANKY
I drove one with the Recaros before I bought. While a neat seat, I was wearing a heavy jacket at the time and found it restrictive. I thought if I ever drove it down to see my kids (Michigan to South Carolina) my passenger and I would get nippy being in those Recaro seats too long (10 hours plus) so in the end I got the 6 way seats. They still offer bolster support and I have had the car on the track. Nice balance of track to daily.

Point45

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Vehicle(s)
19 gt350, 05 tacoma, 10 Ducati 1098SF
I think it's the part of Technology package which includes the following:

•B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen, featuring 12 speakers, including in-trunk subwoofer, CD player and HD Radio™ Technology
•BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert
•Heated exterior mirrors with integrated turn signals and Cobra® LED door-projector courtesy puddle lamps
•Voice-Activated touchscreen Navigation System with pinch-to-zoom capability and SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link®
• Six-way driver's seat with three (3) memory settings (Shelby GT500® only)

Also, there's no availability of Six-way driver's seat with tree memory settings in 2020 vs 2019 it is included in the Leather-trimmed Sport Seats option. BTW I love these seats. Best feature is cool/heat ventilation integrated in the front seats.
At least 5 people agree... Ford offered the option for a reason, they're good seats for sure.
I do have the tech package on the car, didnt realize the turn indicators were part of that package.

Being in CA I really wanted the cooling seats but I do love the look and support of the recaros, I could do without if they would just put the ball cooling vent back into cars.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I drove one with the Recaros before I bought. While a neat seat, I was wearing a heavy jacket at the time and found it restrictive. I thought if I ever drove it down to see my kids (Michigan to South Carolina) my passenger and I would get nippy being in those Recaro seats too long (10 hours plus) so in the end I got the 6 way seats. They still offer bolster support and I have had the car on the track. Nice balance of track to daily.
For me it was the heated seats. No heated seats are a nogo for me. It is amazing to have your butt warm when you are driving and feel cold. I honestly could careless if you got them with Recaros or not, but no heated seats are a deal breaker for me. I made the mistake of getting a car without them and I learned my lesson lol.

Sponsored

foolwithtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I tried sitting in the leather-trimmed sports seats and for some reason they seemed a bit tight around my lower back and felt rather uncomfortable. The recaros felt more comfortable to me :crazy:

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Besides a few color changes, and the fact that ALL GT350 got FordPass Connect as standard (which I think was an option in the 2019 with the Technology package?). Is anything else different from a 2019 on a 2020? Do 2020's have turn signal lights built into the side rearview mirrors, or do they fold in on a switch? thx!!!

20201120_115641 (3).jpg
Not sure if this is 100% certain or not, but it seems they did something for oil consumption. My first two cars I would have to fill ~1qt about every 1k miles. I just hit the 1k mark in the one I bought a couple of months ago and it seems fine. I believe I read this somewhere as well but I'm too lazy to find. On a side note, I have about 2 cases of oil if anyone needs.....lol

Point45

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Vehicle(s)
19 gt350, 05 tacoma, 10 Ducati 1098SF
Not sure if this is 100% certain or not, but it seems they did something for oil consumption. My first two cars I would have to fill ~1qt about every 1k miles. I just hit the 1k mark in the one I bought a couple of months ago and it seems fine. I believe I read this somewhere as well but I'm too lazy to find. On a side note, I have about 2 cases of oil if anyone needs.....lol

My understanding is they changed the rings on the pistons to help with the oil consumption issues. That was not a 19 change, some time around late 17-18 MY.

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
My understanding is they changed the rings on the pistons to help with the oil consumption issues. That was not a 19 change, some time around late 17-18 MY.
Ah. My apologies then. I had a 16 and a 17 then I just kind of stopped keeping up after that.
Sponsored