Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
It sucks you’re going to have to come out of pocket close to 5K but it’ll get done right with a warranty on parts and labor. Glad the nightmare is almost over.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GrayS550

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It sucks you’re going to have to come out of pocket close to 5K but it’ll get done right with a warranty on parts and labor. Glad the nightmare is almost over.
Yeah those new parts have a warranty on them so I guess that’s a plus!

I’m mechanically inclined so I know how to do it myself, I just don’t have the space to work on it. Found out that there’s a shop near me that allows you to rent out bays, and use their tools. Future repairs are going to be a lot cheaper!

I guess everything in life is a lesson, so I’m glad I’m able to learn from this experience!

OP
OP
GrayS550

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
UPDATE: It’s been a week and the dealer still hasn’t installed the clutch into the car. They told me they’re still waiting on some hardware pieces to come in. I’m done with dealership repairs after my car is finished.

I also asked the dealer to keep the old clutch for me so I can take it home and inspect it. How would my car drive for a whole year with a clutch that’s not seated properly on the car? Does the clutch have to be perfectly flush with the crank tone ring so there’s no gap for the tone ring to slip off? Im confused…

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
UPDATE: It’s been a week and the dealer still hasn’t installed the clutch into the car. They told me they’re still waiting on some hardware pieces to come in. I’m done with dealership repairs after my car is finished.

I also asked the dealer to keep the old clutch for me so I can take it home and inspect it. How would my car drive for a whole year with a clutch that’s not seated properly on the car? Does the clutch have to be perfectly flush with the crank tone ring so there’s no gap for the tone ring to slip off? Im confused…
The tone ring has a nipple on it that fits into a hole on the crank. If it’s not installed properly, it wont allow the bolt holes in the flywheel to line up properly.

1684852400314.jpeg

OP
OP
GrayS550

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
FINAL UPDATE: Got the car back this morning! The car drives just like it did before, really good!!

You can read in the attached photo the description from the dealer of what exactly the issue was.

Dealer prices are outrageous!

IMG_5181.jpeg

Sponsored

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Normal dealer labor is $180/hr right? Clutch and flywheel price seems high also, damn. At least the car is how it should be again.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Clutch components are definitely expensive! You’re back on the road now though and hopefully for a very long time to come. Have fun with it.
Sponsored