Sponsored

Detailed Order Process (UK-S550)

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Presume mine will be there on Tuesday as well? Currently sat in a bakery in Namche Bazaar in the Himalayas so stuck till Saturday. Not heard anything from the dealer but they know I'm away.
Did you tell Danny you wont be in the country for a while? and your return date? they have a small compound so they bring the cars up shortly before the handover. When are you back?

I have asked them to quote me for fitting my Roush axlebacks on the car along with the EU Sto n Sho and FRP Oil separator and he said we can do that whilst you inspect the underbody of the car.

After Karen emailed Wednesday saying she and the salesman were working on prioritizing the cars onward journey to Inverness I had to do a bit of a double take as I thought it was still in Zeebrugge. A short while later she emailed to say it would be there on Monday.

I called the salesman on Thursday to congratulate him on his efforts.

He didn't have a feckin clue as to what I was on about. Vista says mid June.

The sales manager shares the same first name, so it was probably him that Karen was dealing with.

My guy says he'll make some enquiries and get back to me. I'm still waiting!!!
My dealer has been quite good actually. Called me as soon as the car was in their distribution compound in Ashbourne or Ashby or wherever it is. Told me exactly what was going to happen. Car will go on transporter be at dealership Tuesday. Said he would call me Tuesday morning to let me know when the approximate time of drop off would be and I could come and have a look straight away.

Mine arrived at dealer on Friday, picking up tomorrow :)
Congrats man! Enjoy it! remember to break it in properly. Although it will be difficult to resist the temptation.
Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Thanks mate, yes going to keep it below 4000 rpm for first 1000 miles. Enjoy yours once you collect it

Black Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi Guys I have asked my Deaker for a Pricec for Roush Axle backs instalation seems they are not to sure how difficult it will be i.e. Time involved as they struggled with a Quad Pipe ? No mine is a single pipe on each rear end Ok we will have to work it out .So prices from dealers if you can so I can compare my dealer for 1 hours fitting Thanks

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Hi Guys I have asked my Deaker for a Pricec for Roush Axle backs instalation seems they are not to sure how difficult it will be i.e. Time involved as they struggled with a Quad Pipe ? No mine is a single pipe on each rear end ����Ok we will have to work it out .So prices from dealers if you can so I can compare my dealer for 1 hours fitting Thanks
If they say it's too difficult don't ever go there again. It's 2 cuts to stock exhaust and then refit new one. 1 hour labour absoulte maximum. Will take someone in a work shop 45 mins to do it

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they say it's too difficult don't ever go there again. It's 2 cuts to stock exhaust and then refit new one. 1 hour labour absoulte maximum. Will take someone in a work shop 45 mins to do it
Pretty much this. It's such an easy thing to do. Literally cut, undo a bolt and remove old muffler. Send them a link to the CJ pony parts video. If they tell you it's complicated. Just tell them I'll think about it and never ever go back there again.

Honestly. One of the easiest mod installations on the Mustang of you have a lift/Ramps.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys I have asked my Deaker for a Pricec for Roush Axle backs instalation seems they are not to sure how difficult it will be i.e. Time involved as they struggled with a Quad Pipe ? No mine is a single pipe on each rear end Ok we will have to work it out .So prices from dealers if you can so I can compare my dealer for 1 hours fitting Thanks
Struggled with a quad pipe? I think they meant a quad tip... haven't seen many quad Mustang exhausts, think there's two or three in the UK.

They sound like idiots, it's an easy job as others have said!

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Did you tell Danny you wont be in the country for a while? and your return date? they have a small compound so they bring the cars up shortly before the handover. When are you back?

I have asked them to quote me for fitting my Roush axlebacks on the car along with the EU Sto n Sho and FRP Oil separator and he said we can do that whilst you inspect the underbody of the car.

My dealer has been quite good actually. Called me as soon as the car was in their distribution compound in Ashbourne or Ashby or wherever it is. Told me exactly what was going to happen. Car will go on transporter be at dealership Tuesday. Said he would call me Tuesday morning to let me know when the approximate time of drop off would be and I could come and have a look straight away.

Congrats man! Enjoy it! remember to break it in properly. Although it will be difficult to resist the temptation.
Land back at Heathrow on Friday evening, Danny knows everything all the way back from the end of September and reminded him mid April as well. Don't think he's emailed me yet but I've got hundreds of emails to go through anyway. Internet here is unreliable and expensive. Talk to insurance company on Saturday morning and then ring Danny.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was there today collecting the car whilst you were firing him emails lol

I was so happy my car arrived today. Then I saw the front bumper.

They installed the holder at the compound where they did the PDI before they delivered it to the dealership even though my sales advisor had told them not to.

New bumper job. Annoying but doesn't mean I won't take the car.

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
How are you enjoying the car?

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Simon, it is every bit as amazing as I remember when I drove it in the states. More so even. Sync 3 is awesome. The GUI lacks finesse but it's so functional.

I can't stop looking at it. Oxford white was defo the right colour choice as the shadows really enhance the body lines.

It will have a custom h-pipe installed tomorrow and hopefully the roush axle backs by the end of the week. If the have an appointment t this Saturday I might get to see you

It gets soooooo many looks. People want to talk about it. Take photos of it and are super polite on the road. I don't want to drive it fast because it's just an American cruiser to me. Just fantastic.

You will love it when you get yours. Unfortunately it's been raining here yesterday and today. So I have been in the rain/winter mode.

Sponsored

GB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gareth
Vehicle(s)
Future GT S550 owner... hopefully
It's great to read about people getting their cars. Unfortunately I still have quite a wait having only ordered it on 6th May.

I've taken a leap of faith and gone for the Triple Yellow, having not seen one in the flesh.

I am told by the dealership that there is one coming in around July, so I will head on over and take a look before it's collected.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and will hopefully get to catch up with some of you at a meet when the car finally arrives next year.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
It's great to read about people getting their cars. Unfortunately I still have quite a wait having only ordered it on 6th May.

I've taken a leap of faith and gone for the Triple Yellow, having not seen one in the flesh.

I am told by the dealership that there is one coming in around July, so I will head on over and take a look before it's collected.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and will hopefully get to catch up with some of you at a meet when the car finally arrives next year.
Where about a in the UK are you? I'm sure someone will let you poke around their TY if they are local. Welcome by the way :cheers:

Reactions: GB

GB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gareth
Vehicle(s)
Future GT S550 owner... hopefully
Where about a in the UK are you? I'm sure someone will let you poke around their TY if they are local. Welcome by the way :cheers:
Cheers, Jimboy.

I'm in Ipswich, Suffolk, and have ordered the car from John Grose.

I occasionally work down in Surrey also, so I will try and pop along to one of the Tuesday night meets next month. Hoping there may be a TY there.

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Simon, it is every bit as amazing as I remember when I drove it in the states. More so even. Sync 3 is awesome. The GUI lacks finesse but it's so functional.

I can't stop looking at it. Oxford white was defo the right colour choice as the shadows really enhance the body lines.

It will have a custom h-pipe installed tomorrow and hopefully the roush axle backs by the end of the week. If the have an appointment t this Saturday I might get to see you

It gets soooooo many looks. People want to talk about it. Take photos of it and are super polite on the road. I don't want to drive it fast because it's just an American cruiser to me. Just fantastic.

You will love it when you get yours. Unfortunately it's been raining here yesterday and today. So I have been in the rain/winter mode.
Let me know what time you'll be there, would love to hear the exhaust so might make a trip over. My car arrives next Tuesday so hopefully pick up next weekend.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me know what time you'll be there, would love to hear the exhaust so might make a trip over. My car arrives next Tuesday so hopefully pick up next weekend.
im going to call Danny today for an update to see if he has booked me in for the work and will let you know when the appointment is via PM.

The thing I have noticed is that youtube videos or online videos don't mean anything. they give you an extremely rough idea at best as to what the car will sound like. the stock mustang has a really nice note. I just wish it was louder. MUCH louder.

I hope it sounds good. H pipe today at 3 pm, that should make it sound better already.
Sponsored