Sponsored

Detailed Order Process (UK-S550)

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Ok so according to Karen and another very helpful member here my gt is built and probably waiting for a boat. How long does this take? It's been 8 months now. Pretty sure ferrari's come in less time! Do I just button mash my VIN in the cargo link on page 1? Nothing found so far. Gawd!!
Does not work now as they use different ships, which go direct to Liverpool, it will take around a week to be gate released can be more if things are missing or something needs changing, then a week or two to be allocated a ship
Sponsored

bmad786

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bilal
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Does not work now as they use different ships, which go direct to Liverpool, it will take around a week to be gate released can be more if things are missing or something needs changing, then a week or two to be allocated a ship
Ah OK so no point checking every day? Apparently its done at upfitters. Hopefully at a dock somewhere

1Mikey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg V10, Crayford Mk1 Capri, Caddy Van
Ok so according to Karen and another very helpful member here my gt is built and probably waiting for a boat. How long does this take? It's been 8 months now. Pretty sure ferrari's come in less time! Do I just button mash my VIN in the cargo link on page 1? Nothing found so far. Gawd!!
MORE patience needed! Mine was built end Nov and I took delivery yesterday. It had been at the dealer for 2 weeks though, waiting for a short-shift gear lever to be fitted.

1Mikey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg V10, Crayford Mk1 Capri, Caddy Van
Yours is a manual isn’t it? Can you hear the gearbox at all, mine has a sort of whirring noise. Very faint and might go after a while. Almost goes when it gets warm but only done 20 miles so far.....

bmad786

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bilal
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
MORE patience needed! Mine was built end Nov and I took delivery yesterday. It had been at the dealer for 2 weeks though, waiting for a short-shift gear lever to be fitted.
Ok so roughly 2 months after build date.

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Yours is a manual isn’t it? Can you hear the gearbox at all, mine has a sort of whirring noise. Very faint and might go after a while. Almost goes when it gets warm but only done 20 miles so far.....
Yes mine is a manual, I don’t hear anything, might be to do with the short shifter you had fitted, as they can transmit noise depending how it’s mounted, but could also just need a bit of time

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
It will be about 8 weeks from build date to dealer - your build date and car details will be on ETIS now. Ferraris can take a lot longer ! Two years for a 488 Pista, if they let you have one ! Regular 488 is around 12 months for a factory order, and the prices have a habit of going up as well !

bmad786

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bilal
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It will be about 8 weeks from build date to dealer - your build date and car details will be on ETIS now. Ferraris can take a lot longer ! Two years for a 488 Pista, if they let you have one ! Regular 488 is around 12 months for a factory order, and the prices have a habit of going up as well !
Lol. Was joking regards Ferrari's. No idea how long one would take. Build date on ETIS was 14/01. Hoping for end of March

Sponsored

miketango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It's arrived at the dealer ready for collection next week. Oh and no, it doesn't have a towbar before anybody asks !
20190219_171255.jpg
Looks fantastic....out of interest how long did it take from arriving at Liverpool to reaching the dealer ?

bmad786

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bilal
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Difficult to say as not sure which ship it was on. Build date was 17th December
Just been told by dealer that delivery date has been pushed to 6th April. Build date 14th January. Sigh. Maybe it'll turn up sooner. A no deal brexit won't effect anything will it?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Wouldn't like to say. WTO rules would apply between USA and UK in a no deal situation as the current EU/USA trade deals would be nullified. I'm not sure what the current USA/EU deals are on cars or whether they are on WTO rules or not. If there is no current additional agreement then there will be no change, but if there is a USA/EU deal for cars then it will change.

What is likely in the event of no deal is that there will be delays at ports

bmad786

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bilal
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Wouldn't like to say. WTO rules would apply between USA and UK in a no deal situation as the current EU/USA trade deals would be nullified. I'm not sure what the current USA/EU deals are on cars or whether they are on WTO rules or not. If there is no current additional agreement then there will be no change, but if there is a USA/EU deal for cars then it will change.

What is likely in the event of no deal is that there will be delays at ports
Yeah I can see that happening. Really thought I'd have it by 29/3. Lol.
Sponsored