Detailed Order Process (UK-S550)

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
My build date was 28 Nov and since then, on a Thursday I think each time, more and more details have been added to my ETIS. I asked dealer if he could spec a heated steering wheel as I saw them standard on the US Bullitt but he said it wasn’t available. However there’s one on my ETIS list so are we all getting one or is my dealer a really nice guy?

Latest from him is car arrives with him 20 Jan but at the moment I don’t know where it is, still in USA or on a ship somewhere. More patience required....
Heated steering wheel is standard - you just need to look on the Ford website price list pdf. Dealer is somewhat off the pace if he doesn't know !

https://www.ford.co.uk/cars/new-mus...tent/overlays/download-a-brochure/new-mustang

ETIS was updated last night for my December 17th build with full spec

If it was built on the 28th November it should be on a boat by now, arriving in Liverpool in the New Year
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Atlantic Sail has recently left Baltimore

1Mikey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg V10, Crayford Mk1 Capri, Caddy Van
It seems likely that my car arrived in Liverpool a few days ago, or left on a slightly earlier ship that gets to Liverpool via Germany first, and arrives Liverpool tomorrow. It will need a road transport to Portsmouth then another ship to get to the dealer, but I received a text today saying the 20th was still expected to be the arrival date. Ready for collection around three days after that he said.

How are you other guys doing?

Sponsored

stevelampey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
S550 5.0 Mach 1 Black
It seems likely that my car arrived in Liverpool a few days ago, or left on a slightly earlier ship that gets to Liverpool via Germany first, and arrives Liverpool tomorrow. It will need a road transport to Portsmouth then another ship to get to the dealer, but I received a text today saying the 20th was still expected to be the arrival date. Ready for collection around three days after that he said.

How are you other guys doing?
Pleased for you, but still no news on mine

Pegasus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Mustang GT
It's likely mine's arriving here on the ship coming in tomorrow too. Spoke to the dealer today who said it left on a ship on the 26th. I'll get an update from him next week for I guess the collection date and should hear about reg number choices soon too I guess.

1Mikey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear that Steve. My build date on the window sticker was 20 Nov but the actual date, that later appeared on Etis, was 28 Nov.

I’ve heard some say that the options you choose can affect the build date but I’ve got lots of choices on mine and I’m going a little quicker than yours, although I don’t know what you specced of course.

The Mustang girls did reply to an email back in November but not to one I sent in December. I believe they do this information service on a voluntary basis so they might just be on holiday, or indeed swamped.

My dealer sold his demonstrator two weeks ago and is expecting a replacement very soon, but I suppose he gets what he’s given from Ford UK and doesn’t have to wait for one to be built.

1Mikey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you had yours yet Pegasus? Mine due on the island a week tomorrow.

Pegasus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Mustang GT
That's good. Still waiting on a new date for mine. The dealer is waiting for Ford to update him so he can update me. So close but could still be a while.

Sponsored

miketango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
From the ACL website I've got the information below....my blend date was 03/01/19 so it could be on the Atlantic Sky (hopefully!)
Screenshot 2019-01-12 at 17.22.47.png

miketango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
8 weeks worth...
Screenshot 2019-01-12 at 17.33.29.png

1Mikey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miketango that sounds about right, mine was two weeks from build date to getting on board. Looks like we’re going to be twins, apart from your black wheels. I see your order date was just a week and a bit after mine, and your build date a month after (but with Xmas holidays in between). Conclusion is the factory isn’t shortening their lead times at all.

Did the blend date on your window sticker match the build date on ETIS?

miketango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yep, ETIS build date matches the blend date from the window sticker

1Mikey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting, I had 10 days difference but I don’t know of anyone else who’s dates don’t match. They have the wrong wheels on the sticker but the right ones on ETIS. Anyway it will all be forgotten the moment it arrives.
Sponsored