Demon vs. Eco

\dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550 ecoboost convertible, F150, Lincoln Continental
On my way home last week on a winding country two lane, there was a Dodge in front of me. We were being slowed by a couple of cars in front of us. The Dodge happened to turn off the same way I was going to go, onto one of my favorite roads. Well, I heard him open it up and then noticed his wide rubber. So I gave pursuit. Not really a problem, the Eco carves OK and spins up fast. This went on for about 4 miles and I sensed he was getting annoyed by my Pit Bullish hanging on. When he turned off I got a look at his front fender and was surprised to see a Demon emblem. Wonder if he had a chance to see the nothing on my front fender. To add additional insult, I'm 65 with bad eyes and slow reflexes.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I wouldn't flatter yourself too much, it's so much easier to follow a fast pace than to set one yourself. I wouldn't say the Demon is amazing at handling, but a skilled driver going 10/10 (which shouldn't happen on public roads anyway) would be far on the horizon.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I blew past a corvette the other day in my 6000lbs Avalanche. he just set there and spun his tires in the snow. He tried but could never catch up. Couldn't believe how slow he was.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I slept at a holiday inn express last night. I feel smarter than this thread.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
I blew past a corvette the other day in my 6000lbs Avalanche. he just set there and spun his tires in the snow. He tried but could never catch up. Couldn't believe how slow he was.
blowin corvettes off into the weeds

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Ha, one day a guy in a Cayenne turbo saw me pull out with some "spiritedness" and he gave chase. He couldn't help himself. In fact, lots of guys have followed (or tried to) when they see me hooning it. Pickup drivers are the biggest egomaniacs by far and many times try to give chase. They only catch up when I let them šŸ˜‚. I don't mind as long as they aren't so close I can't see their headlights. All I have to do is speed up in a curve and... bye.

Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Ha, one day a guy in a Cayenne turbo saw me pull out with some "spiritedness" and he gave chase. He couldn't help himself. In fact, lots of guys have followed (or tried to) when they see me hooning it. Pickup drivers are the biggest egomaniacs by far and many times try to give chase. They only catch up when I let them šŸ˜‚. I don't mind as long as they aren't so close I can't see their headlights. All I have to do is speed up in a curve and... bye.
I saw a pickup truck last night try to race a C8 when the C8 was obviously just cruising, then he hit his hazard lights like he won. Pretty funny. C8 driver was probably like "who's this idiot?"

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I saw a pickup truck last night try to race a C8 when the C8 was obviously just cruising, then he hit his hazard lights like he won. Pretty funny. C8 driver was probably like "who's this idiot?"
All joking aside I do have a truck and I egg guys on sometimes to see what they got under the hood. Not trying to race them just trying to force them to open it up. Guys in trucks do it to me also but usually it's to hear my exhaust. Except Dodge guys in big trucks. They usually think they're fast because someone told them that a Hemi is the ultimate engine and nothing could ever beat them, other than another Hemi.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had a lifted diesel pickup rolling some coal give me a good run. We kept even up to 45. The funny part is I was driving my 17 year old 4 cyl Honda Accord.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
All joking aside I do have a truck and I egg guys on sometimes to see what they got under the hood. Not trying to race them just trying to force them to open it up. Guys in trucks do it to me also but usually it's to hear my exhaust. Except Dodge guys in big trucks. They usually think they're fast because someone told them that a Hemi is the ultimate engine and nothing could ever beat them, other than another Hemi.
Ha yeah I know you guys do and itā€™s cool as long as you arenā€™t road raginā€™. Some of these guys n Texas šŸ¤£ Re-yed-neck!

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had a lifted diesel pickup rolling some coal give me a good run. We kept even up to 45. The funny part is I was driving my 17 year old 4 cyl Honda Accord.
i watched a chevy blazer silently own a Dodge Challenger the other day on the highway. The dodge had an aftermarket exhaust and everything. It was pathetic.
Sponsored