Sponsored

Delivery any day now?

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
Would Ford wait to release these cars until after the embargo is lifted for the media?
I believe they will hold onto the cars until at least the media drives are done with. That way the press could not independantly test/drive a retail car. That would be unfair to other media outlets and less than optimal for Ford because it would be outside of their control.
Sponsored

BrentC5Z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Z06 '13 FX4
I'm being told October delivery for the first run cars... Not to rain on any parades. Really getting impatient as well. So many friends and co-workers asking for updates daily only make it more painful.

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I'm being told October delivery for the first run cars... Not to rain on any parades. Really getting impatient as well. So many friends and co-workers asking for updates daily only make it more painful.
Oh heyll no! October?? That's like an eternity! :frusty: :rant:

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
Oh heyll no! October?? That's like an eternity! :frusty: :rant:
I would assume he's talking about the first run of 2016s. The 2015s are built and I can't imagine them sitting (or being QC'd) for 2 months.

We're still in the game :-).

rgvanover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
If its October, after waiting since May...I know where one will be on a lot for sale....I ordered a '15 GT way back on the first day you could order, months after they were on the road, the car showed....I was so over it, I didn't buy...Ford needs to get their timing accurate.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If its October, after waiting since May...I know where one will be on a lot for sale....I ordered a '15 GT way back on the first day you could order, months after they were on the road, the car showed....I was so over it, I didn't buy...Ford needs to get their timing accurate.
I really don't get this line of thought. Ford has never announced an official delivery date of the first cars, "late 2015" is the only thing I have seen printed. They allowed orders months before cars were even being built, so there has to be a certain expectation that its not like a normal run of the mill order for a production line already fully blown.

Your money, your car, but I think you will regret not being just a tad more patient. :cheers:

rgvanover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Yeah I get your point of view. Where I get upset is, Ford has told me a delivery date, several times and keeps changing it. Even if they had said Jan. 2016, no problem but i'm from the school, say what you do, do what you say. Premium for the car, I expect premium delivery and service.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Don't worry. The cure for this "issue" is very simple. Go to dealership after call telling you the car is there. Get behind the wheel and fire it up. Cured!!!!
Fire it up and..

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
I really don't get this line of thought. Ford has never announced an official delivery date of the first cars, "late 2015" is the only thing I have seen printed. They allowed orders months before cars were even being built, so there has to be a certain expectation that its not like a normal run of the mill order for a production line already fully blown.

Your money, your car, but I think you will regret not being just a tad more patient. :cheers:
I think it was actually Fall 2015 lol:lol:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think it was actually Fall 2015 lol:lol:
I think they actually said late fall, not just fall. The first day of fall is September 23rd and the first day of winter is December 22nd, so October would be early fall.

I'm still hoping for September some time, at least for the 2015s. When will the mag reviews come out!?!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Oh FMC... please start shipping the 15's already! Before peeps go ballistically postal on the forum!
:paddle: :headbonk: :frusty: :ninja: :D

rgvanover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
ok Ladies...the latest update...just hung up with Ford Performance (you could tell the guy was tired of talking about the GT350 lol) Latest delivery date the week of August 31st. 2016 #106FYI

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
ok Ladies...the latest update...just hung up with Ford Performance (you could tell the guy was tired of talking about the GT350 lol) Latest delivery date the week of August 31st. 2016 #106FYI
Really? A 2016 would be delivered by the end of August? Hmmmm. Did they say the car was in production or already produced?

If that's date is correct (I'm hoping it is :D), we should see the 2015s VERY soon. :thumbsup:

rgvanover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
They said it was in production...Keep in mind, I personally do not think the phone reps have any idea, only what's in the computer...But that is what was stated.
Sponsored