Decklid replacement help needed!

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecoboost Convertible - Kona Blue
Heya folks. I am in the middle of removing and replacing my decklid. I've already pried the decklid off, but I cannot seem to get the backup camera disconnected. It seems like it should unplug easily from the videos I've watched showing the process, but I can't seem to get it to unclip.

Anyone have any tips or instructions for how to remove the plug from the backup camera?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Welp...that was a waste. Took my decklid off, opened the box and saw that the new decklid had a piece broken off in the corner. Lesson learned: always check the replacement part BEFORE starting the work! :facepalm:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That sucks.

OP
OP

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
That sucks.
You're telling me! I spent like 30 minutes trying to figure out how to unplug the camera (which ended up being stupidly easy once I realized how to release the plug). Unpacked the box with the @Drake Muscle Cars decklid and the left corner tip was broken clean off and laying in the box.

Thankfully, the folks at Stangaholics called me right after I emailed them the pics and are working on getting a replacement shipped out ASAP. Hopefully the next one will make it intact.

20200513_164020.jpg

Sponsored

Drake Muscle Cars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
You're telling me! I spent like 30 minutes trying to figure out how to unplug the camera (which ended up being stupidly easy once I realized how to release the plug). Unpacked the box with the @Drake Muscle Cars decklid and the left corner tip was broken clean off and laying in the box.

Thankfully, the folks at Stangaholics called me right after I emailed them the pics and are working on getting a replacement shipped out ASAP. Hopefully the next one will make it intact.

20200513_164020.jpg
Wow, so sorry to see this! It is the challenge with these pieces as they're made from the same, somewhat brittle plastic as the OEM panel. We're glad the folks at Stangaholics are getting you squared away. I'll bring this up to the team that your piece arrived damaged. We always try to ensure our parts are packed safely enough to survive the shipping process.

OP
OP

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Wow, so sorry to see this! It is the challenge with these pieces as they're made from the same, somewhat brittle plastic as the OEM panel. We're glad the folks at Stangaholics are getting you squared away. I'll bring this up to the team that your piece arrived damaged. We always try to ensure our parts are packed safely enough to survive the shipping process.
Thanks @Drake Muscle Cars . They have a claim already started with UPS. I provided a bunch of pics to help process the claim quickly for them. Carrie at Stangaholics has been fantastic to work with. When I emailed her the issue, she called me within minutes to discuss getting a replacement sent out. I'm really excited about installing this when the replacement arrives. You guys absolutely nailed it with this decklid. It's beautiful and understated (I'm a less is more type when it comes to badging on my cars).

If I could make a recommendation, coming from the distribution and supply chain world (I work for Cummins Engine Co in their distribution network), I would look into increasing the amount of packing material used for these. When it arrived, it was wrapped in a white plastic sheet and had two styrofoam blocks to center it in the box. I would recommend adding standard bubble wrap or better still, those larger bubble air pillows like these to really secure the shipments from rough carrier handling:

Screenshot_20200518-101705.png

Drake Muscle Cars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks @Drake Muscle Cars . They have a claim already started with UPS. I provided a bunch of pics to help process the claim quickly for them. Carrie at Stangaholics has been fantastic to work with. When I emailed her the issue, she called me within minutes to discuss getting a replacement sent out. I'm really excited about installing this when the replacement arrives. You guys absolutely nailed it with this decklid. It's beautiful and understated (I'm a less is more type when it comes to badging on my cars).

If I could make a recommendation, coming from the distribution and supply chain world (I work for Cummins Engine Co in their distribution network), I would look into increasing the amount of packing material used for these. When it arrived, it was wrapped in a white plastic sheet and had two styrofoam blocks to center it in the box. I would recommend adding standard bubble wrap or better still, those larger bubble air pillows like these to really secure the shipments from rough carrier handling:

Screenshot_20200518-101705.png
Thanks so much for the kind words and for the recommendation on the packaging! We're glad you like the panel. We try to design products that have an OEM+ feel to them. Something that could have come with the car from the factory, but just a little more unique.

OP
OP

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Thanks so much for the kind words and for the recommendation on the packaging! We're glad you like the panel. We try to design products that have an OEM+ feel to them. Something that could have come with the car from the factory, but just a little more unique.
100% on the OEM+ feel. I love keeping things relatively stock looking and try to focus on details that enhance the already beautiful design of this platform.
Sponsored