Sponsored

Decklid emblem broke off.

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I just got home from the Ford dealership and was denied a warranty repair on my decklid. I figured it wouldn't be covered under warranty but would like a ford reps second opinion on this before I start cutting the broken tabs off and just glue it back on. Car is still under the 3/36k warranty. Thanks.
20170905_140320.jpg
20170905_140346.jpg
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
How did it "break" off? The only way I'd see them repairing it under warranty is if it literally fell off and I don't see how that would even be possible with all the molded posts that hold it in place. If it was broken off by something pulling against it, rubbing, etc then they wouldn't be responsible.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I bet it looks better without it. I hate those emblems. In any case, just get some VHB tape and re-bond it .

OP
OP

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
How did it "break" off? The only way I'd see them repairing it under warranty is if it literally fell off and I don't see how that would even be possible with all the molded posts that hold it in place. If it was broken off by something pulling against it, rubbing, etc then they wouldn't be responsible.
Closed my trunk and it just fell off, I never touch that for anything, no idea what caused it to break.

TheGame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I was denied a warranty claim like that. My passenger headlight broke unexpectedly, it was was never hit or anything, there are no scratches or dents on the car. it is crazy.

Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
The crazy part is when you try and warranty something you should have just double sided tape back on and been on your merry way about life.

OP
OP

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The crazy part is when you try and warranty something you should have just double sided tape back on and been on your merry way about life.
Yea obviously crazy when you try to use a warranty on a faulty part. Guess if anyone has any issue with their car they should just fix it themselves and don't bother with the warranty. That way we can go on our merry way about life.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Do you shut the trunk lid by using the emblem as a "grab" area so your not putting finger prints on the black shiny section of the lid (or as some have, dented the top of the trunk lid by slamming downward)?

I can't see how any of the S550 trunk emblems would break off from the panel just by closing the lid. I use my trunk every single day, 4x in a single day, in all weather and driving conditions and have never had any issues with the factory affixed emblem.

Not saying it can't happen to someone else, but am puzzled as to how any of those emblems would snap off from all of the mounting points seen on the back side of it with no exertion or handling to it, ever.

OP
OP

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Do you shut the trunk lid by using the emblem as a "grab" area so your not putting finger prints on the black shiny section of the lid (or as some have, dented the top of the trunk lid by slamming downward)?

I can't see how any of the S550 trunk emblems would break off from the panel just by closing the lid. I use my trunk every single day, 4x in a single day, in all weather and driving conditions and have never had any issues with the factory affixed emblem.

Not saying it can't happen to someone else, but am puzzled as to how any of those emblems would snap off from all of the mounting points seen on the back side of it with no exertion or handling to it, ever.
I always use the trunk itself to close it, never used the emblem as a grab point for that main reason,didn't want to break it. That's really the main reason why I tried my chances with a warranty replacement before I just quick fixed it because by it breaking off like that for no reason it was definitely a faulty part in my opinion.

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Use 3M tape, dont glue it!!!!

Sponsored

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
you are not alone. the gt350 guys are having their rectangular emblem in the rear break off as well.

OP
OP

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
you are not alone. the gt350 guys are having their rectangular emblem in the rear break off as well.
That's crazy. I had others also tell me their 50th anniversary ones broke off too. So seems like it's a common problem.

outta here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
currently none
My 50th anniversary trunk emblem fell off today. On 8k miles and car is babied.
Shut trunk and it fell off.

Obviously a design flaw. See what ford says.

i0milesniper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
Closed my trunk and it just fell off, I never touch that for anything, no idea what caused it to break.
The same exact thing happened to me when i closed my trunk leaving Lowe's... thought i had dropped my phone but looked down and the emblem just plain fell off. the plastic nubs in the back of it still fit pretty clean in the holes, so i might just JB Weld it back in tomorrow.

Greg94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Mine did that. It is a 2015 anniversary badge. Its a little larger than several other available badges back there. It is held on by plastic weld. It will break off eventually, especially in hotter climates. I used silicone to secure mine back as that was in the tool box. I was just glad it didn't hit the ground 1st.
Sponsored