Sponsored

Decisions Decisions ...

sp13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 V6 Premium
Hello everyone, first time poster here.. Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section.
I just went and ordered a CO GT Premium! Can't wait for it to come in. My current car is a 2011 V6 mustang.
In the meantime, I have a dilemma: I'm looking at purchasing a cat back, but can't decide on how to go. I really like the sound of the Borla S-type and Gibson (Gibson is waay cheaper than the Borla, so I would prefer to go that route), BUT my 3rd choice is the FRPP sport, which I can roll into the total purchase price of the car from the dealer. I can't decide to get the FRPP for 1550 financed over a few years, or just shell out 800 now for the Gibson.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

arban25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Do the FRPP, I love mine. Turns heads like its my full time job. Get it from hyper motive they were kind enough to get me the chrome tips for $1100 free shipping.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Hello everyone, first time poster here.. Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section.
I just went and ordered a CO GT Premium! Can't wait for it to come in. My current car is a 2011 V6 mustang.
In the meantime, I have a dilemma: I'm looking at purchasing a cat back, but can't decide on how to go. I really like the sound of the Borla S-type and Gibson (Gibson is waay cheaper than the Borla, so I would prefer to go that route), BUT my 3rd choice is the FRPP sport, which I can roll into the total purchase price of the car from the dealer. I can't decide to get the FRPP for 1550 financed over a few years, or just shell out 800 now for the Gibson.

Any thoughts?
The FRPP sport sounds good, but it is LOUD. Like, almost unacceptably loud.

El Caballo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible RR (On Order)
I say wait..... There is something coming that's going to blow the socks off of all these exhaust setups. I promise you.... it's in the final testing stages. There are two members here running the prototypes as I write this.

These guys (confidential for now) are top notch and the prices are good. They will be introducing themselves soon. Unless you're in a rush, you're not going to regret waiting. :)

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I have an EB so different sound, but from a quality standpoint the FRPP catback is purdy and they had a lot of time to figure out the best sound before the aftermarket so I think you can't go wrong with it

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
If you go too loud you'll probably eventually hate it ... especially if you end up with a drone while on long highway cruises. Watching videos on YouTube, guys who just put on Flowmaster mufflers seemed happy with the sound and no drone.

arban25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Or you could wait for something that is supposedly more secret than area-51.... Or maybe they end up never launching anything.. It's exhaust relax. You could wait a year for this mystery "blow the socks off setup"

El Caballo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible RR (On Order)
You can ridicule all you want but if you have something you're working on that will be like no other design out there AND you wanted it hush until you were ready; I would respect that. But you're not there so.....

Catfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2003 Cobra, 2015 GT PP
Ford Racing has great sound and quality.

Sponsored

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
There is a ton of feedback and sound clips located here:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62

Choosing which exhaust to go with is very subjective. It really depends on what sound you're looking for. A couple points to note:

1. Gibson's catback reportedly has terrible drone;
2. FRPP Sport and Touring are both made by Borla (although it seems that Borla's catbacks sound different than the FRPP systems);
3. FRPP @ $1550 is high. Very high. All of the forum vendors are active in the subforum for which i provided the link above. Hit them up for their forum pricing. You won't be able to roll the price into the amount you're financing, but you'll save a significant amount.

FWIW, out of the 3 you listed i'd personally choose the S-type based on the clips i've heard. But i'm an H-pipe guy and think the exhaust should be more on the deep/throaty side.

OP
OP

sp13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 V6 Premium
Thanks everyone! I'll see if I can get either the Borla or FRPP for less than the dealer's price from a vendor on here.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Look at the corsa extreme ftw

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
You can ridicule all you want but if you have something you're working on that will be like no other design out there AND you wanted it hush until you were ready; I would respect that. But you're not there so.....
If it's so secret, WTF are you doing blabbing your mouth about something you shouldn't know about...Unless you are one of those guys.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ "The first rule of Fight Club is that you don't talk about Fight Club."

:doh: ... :D
Sponsored