Decided on LMS 675 Windstorm

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
After debating the issue over and over I decided to do the Livernois Motorsports 675 package. I like their tune so much I figured that for 6190 with tax (they gave me a 500$ credit for their tuner), I couldn't go wrong. It should make about 580 rwhp on my automatic car.

Scheduled for early March. I didn't want to go too crazy and then put OPG and etc in. According to Steve at LMS, they have fixed a number of cars that had the OPG let go, but have yet to do an SC install that had OPG issue. However he was quick to point out it is safer but I declined. Not going to worry about it. He also said a number of cars that had the OPG shatter were stock vehicles. For the price quoted comes with 2 Dyno tunes. 93 and 91.
Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
That's a great price. Congrats

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Can’t wait to hear your opinion once you get it.

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I've always had good luck with Livernois. There's alot of guys who don't change opgs and are fine.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
By the time I sold my '15 and bought a premium auto '18 I would have at least 20K more in the car. I like my guard and the price is very good. I like the idea that the Magnuson does not require grinding the front of the engine like the Roush. 580rwhp is fine and allows me to spend another few thousand for the Ford Racing borla touring, front and rear Ford Racing anti-sway bars and a set of drag radials.

If I get the bug for an '18 later I can always upgrade. I would have done a Bullitt if the auto was an option. But, I'm excited with this upgrade.

How can you beat the fact that your get an actual dyno tune, intercooler, and $500 savings by not having to buy another tuner?

I have to say their na tune was amazing, though. I will post complete details after the install as well times at Milan later this spring.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Also, though this specific blower is not being continued, Steve at LMS said that parts are redily available. He also assured me that the car would go 40-50K miles with no need for maintennace. He assured me that the car will drive like it was stock but with 200 more hp.

BTW, they have only have a few Windstrorms left. I get that this has less hp than the whipple, but moving up to 650-700 rwhp seems like it will require more mods for durability like half shafts, etc and will have more traction issues.

Here is the video he referenced me to a similar car with no mods auto:

[ame]

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If this is similar (or the same) as their Magnuson kit, its an awesome blower. Mine is pretty fast running on just 91 octane. I have my auto trans car tuned by Lund, and have maybe 9k miles on it since the install. No issues whatsoever. A high quality kit.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
If this is similar (or the same) as their Magnuson kit, its an awesome blower. Mine is pretty fast running on just 91 octane. I have my auto trans car tuned by Lund, and have maybe 9k miles on it since the install. No issues whatsoever. A high quality kit.
Do you know what it dyno'd at? Also, what did you do for traction?

Good to hear about your experience. Thanks.

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Also, though this specific blower is not being continued, Steve at LMS said that parts are redily available. He also assured me that the car would go 40-50K miles with no need for maintennace. He assured me that the car will drive like it was stock but with 200 more hp.

BTW, they have only have a few Windstrorms left. I get that this has less hp than the whipple, but moving up to 650-700 rwhp seems like it will require more mods for durability like half shafts, etc and will have more traction issues.

Here is the video he referenced me to a similar car with no mods auto:

Want to buy some snake oil? I “assure” you it will keep you young forever.

Don’t believe everything you hear

You’ll still have traction issues. Don’t even think you won’t.

Also, I hope that you know that a stock gt will break half shafts with good enough tire. Things are made out of glass

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If your happy being stuck at that power level forever go for it... Much better options for the money though.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
That's a pretty d*mn good price you got GreenS550, that's a tough deal to beat. But TripleB is right, if you do some hard launching out of the hole, those half shafts are going to break. Could be the second launch, could be the seventh, but it WILL happen. If you don't launch hard, sure, they can last you. I went for a while without changing them (because I was too lazy to install them), didn't launch hard, and I had no problems. I got them now so I know I'm good. As for traction, I'm only about 40 or so rwhp more than you'll be, and I EASILY break loose my 315/35/20's. I've read on here other guys are very happy with their Magnuson and Livernois. Magnuson doesn't get a lot of love on here, it seems Roush SC's kinda don't either, but I'm not after HUGE pavement tearing horsepower, nor am I into the fanboy smack talk games. I'm very happy with what I have and you'll be happy too. Congrats on your purchase. FUN times are waiting!!!

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
If your happy being stuck at that power level forever go for it... Much better options for the money though.

Really for 6k with dyno tune?

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Yes. Complete. With two octane tunes. Additionally, LMS will do all revisions for no cost, i.e. Other mods needing an updated tune.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Complete. With two octane tunes. Additionally, LMS will do all revisions for no cost, i.e. Other mods needing an updated tune.
I was referring to the much better options for the money post.

Don't think you can beat the deal your getting. 580 rwhp is more than you need for the street. Most of us get caught up in "forum racing" and shoot for numbers that are mostly for bragging rights.
Sponsored