bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You didn't ask me, but I sold my Porsche 997.2 because I didn't want to deal with the potential expense of bore scoring or PDK replacement. The probability is low, but the cost of those two repairs exceeds the value of the car. I typically buy 7 - 8 year old, high-end performance cars. But, the maintenance and repair costs and potential catastrophic failure can get to you after awhile.
I agree that old high-end performance cars could be a trouble to maintain and that the Mustang is great fast cheap to maintain reliable car. However I'm sure that the A10 is not as fast as a GT-R. Though never driven a A10 since my country is really small and in Europe which mean way more Manual cars than autos.
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
OP I had a 15’ GT premium non PP M6 with Corsa extremes, FR track pack suspension and the FR PP2 tune. Now I have a 18’ GT PP1, A10, 301a, Magneride and active exhaust. The PP1 with A10 gets 3:55 gears.

While I love manuals the A10 just rips in this car. The ability to change the exhaust on the fly is awesome. Magneride is superb. I will keep this car for many many years because it’s that good.

OP
OP
Nate_V8

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
I have no idea if it has magneride or active yet. All I know is that it is a premium 401a. I don't even know how to select the modes. I know how to set the track mode but I thought being premium there is normal, sport, sport+ and drag for the trans, but I only see the S on the shifter

I can link the ad, I think it's a good price

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have no idea if it has magneride or active yet. All I know is that it is a premium 401a. I don't even know how to select the modes. I know how to set the track mode but I thought being premium there is normal, sport, sport+ and drag for the trans, but I only see the S on the shifter

I can link the ad, I think it's a good price
There several toggles just above the console. One of them is for mode.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nate_V8

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
Well no active exhaust and no magneride

jwaked

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jalal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10, 2017 Chevy SS Sedan 6MT
Bnightstar, I have had like 20 Mustangs, Camaros and Corvettes, V8 is my thing, the torque, the cost, the sound. Wanted to try exotic things for a change so went for a 911 Turbo S and GTR.

as Balr14, PDK is superior, is where all the magic is in the Eropean cars. But as he also said, cost is too high. I will be racing more often now and cost of modding or repairing a 911 or GTR is way to high. You can build 4 Mustangs with the cost of modding or repairing 1 GTR or 911. the A10 is very close to PDK but not yet there, well cannot ask it to be for the price difference. But it is great.

OP
OP
Nate_V8

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
Well it's going to be a nope. With taxes and everything and how much I owe and their trade in value it works out to basically buying a another new car lol. I'm not even going to try a test drive. I'm just going to aggressively pay off my car and continue modding it like planned lol

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Well it's going to be a nope. With taxes and everything and how much I owe and their trade in value it works out to basically buying a another new car lol. I'm not even going to try a test drive. I'm just going to aggressively pay off my car and continue modding it like planned lol
Yea nothing worse than being upside down on a car payment.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Unfortunately, wholesale Mustang values are poor. But it was fun to think about for awhile. I had a similar experience about two months ago when I thought of trading my GT in on a Jaguar F-Type R and found out my GT had dropped about $10k in value since I bought it 6 months and 2k miles ago.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nate_V8

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
Unfortunately, wholesale Mustang values are poor. But it was fun to think about for awhile. I had a similar experience about two months ago when I thought of trading my GT in on a Jaguar F-Type R and found out my GT had dropped about $10k in value since I bought it 6 months and 2k miles ago.
Ha pretty much near the same, bought it in september and put 3k km on it. I paid 34 and they were going to give me 28. Oh well, if I really wanted it I would have made it happen.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I figure now is a good time to buy a car, new or used. But if you have to rely on a trade-in that's going to negate any discount on the new one. I pretty much hate to trade anything in anyway and prefer to sell it on my own but I recognize that's not always possible if you've got a car note and depreciation is not on your side.
I've long been one to buy used cars. I prefer one to two years old. Depreciation can really be your friend if you don't have to trade a vehicle. I bought my current '18 EB convertible for, literally, 53% of the sticker price. Not extremely low milage but still under factory warranty plus 12 months for CPO.

boostedep3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Used car prices for trade and sale have tanked. Three weeks before the COVID-19 hit big, i had a cash sale price of 23,250, now 17,500. It is crazy, I decided to trade the truck in and ended up getting 22k for a total value. I would have much rather sold it but not for 17.5k.

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
It's actually not a good time to buy a car right now unless you're just straight up buying it. Why you may wonder? Because trade in values have taken a complete bath. Sales are down 60%, and there's a ton of lease returns waiting to enter the market. Used car auctions can't move right now either. So dealers have a very large incentive to not take in more inventory right now, since they have no idea when they can sell it.

Think about it for a few months and wait.
Exactly....Inquired on trading my 2020 in for a Bullitt. Lawwd have mercy, I was crushed by the hit I'd take. Spoke to several dealers and they didn't seem interested in making a sale with a trade in.

OP
OP
Nate_V8

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
I think at the end of the day I wanted to have that transmission but didn't want it at the same time, which makes sense to me. Guess I'll go order my blowfish bracket and Project-6gr wheels now lol
Sponsored