OP
OP
Nate_V8

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
Well just to be clear. I'll be keeping my '17 for a long time. I looked into it, it had far too much negative cost and at the end of the day and even if I could afford it I don't I would have done it. I love my car too much, I love the looks over the 18+ and I love shifting.

Like I said it was like I wanted that sweet a10 transmission but didn't. I like how fast it is but I still love shifting. Especially since I haven't had a manual of any sorts since 2015. Idle hands during this isolation crap is also a culprit.
Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
5th gear is 1:1 in the stang, What were you expecting? Lock the A10 in 1:1 and it's the same thing. Not trying to say anything negative about the a10 but stuffing any non turbo car at sub 2.5k rpm in the upper gear range is going to feel "too tall"

Not busting balls just that logic didn't make much sense to me, if you want to accelerate faster then you have to drop some gears
Reread what I wrote, " 6th gear, unlike in my base GT manual i had, was basically unuseable." In other words, I preferred the gearing in my GT. 6th gear in my base GT still felt good at 80mph. I could still pass in 6th and it had some throttle response. The same gear in the SS manual to me seemed too tall. I couldn't pass or get much if any throttle response at 80. It was the gearing on SS manual I didn't like.

OP
OP
Nate_V8

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
Reread what I wrote, " 6th gear, unlike in my base GT manual i had, was basically unuseable." In other words, I preferred the gearing in my GT. 6th gear in my base GT still felt good at 80mph. I could still pass in 6th and it had some throttle response. The same gear in the SS manual to me seemed too tall. I couldn't pass or get much if any throttle response at 80. It was the gearing on SS manual I didn't like.
Ah ok. Got ya :thumbsup:
Sponsored