Debadged...against my will LOL.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
After going to the dealer today, they said it's not covered under warranty because it clearly broke off. He also looked up the part and I'm wondering if he looked it up correctly as it was close to $1,000.

Like a few folks mentioned, the price is for the panel which includes the badge.
It's definitely not $1000. I think the rear panel for the R is something like $400. And that sucks that it's not covered under warranty! Straight up bullshit if you ask me.
Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Just had this panel with emblem replaced on my 2017 GT350 under warranty.The top right corner clearcoat had what looked like a couple small scratches beside the emblem where the top right plastic heated plug is. Wasn't there when I first got car. It was actually cracks in clearcoat that developed over time closing trunk lid. Just plain cheap junk and expensive if you have to buy it from Ford. All they would have had to do was put emblem adhesive on back of emblem and stuck it on there.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I went to a touch free car wash today which resulted in this lol. Thank GOD I always look at my car when I'm at a gas station (which was across the street). I went back to the car wash and grabbed the trunk emblem off the ground.

I wonder if this has happened to anyone else.

Oh well. I guess this is my chance to do something different (or just replace).

The water pressure wasn't even that high. Gotta love Ford quality.
I guess that I am totally out of touch with the new generation.

You cannot hand wash your new GT350 and had to go to a touch free car wash and could not hand wash your new GT350!!

No excuses for the FMC but cannot comprehend a touch free car wash for a new GT350/R.

:frusty::frusty:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

You cannot hand wash your new GT350 and had to go to a touch free car wash and could not hand wash your new GT350!!

No excuses for the FMC but cannot comprehend a touch free car wash for a new GT350/R.

:lol:

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
With the horrible / thin paint on these cars....surprised anyone would do anything but hand wash.

Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Correct.

The panel comes with the badge. It is just a matter of ordering the correct assembly. The rear badge is affixed to the panel by melting the pins that protrude from the backside of the badge and as such it all comes as one. The decklid won't be replaced as the panel is indeed removable and has its own part number.
[MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION] - I noticed in one of your pictures your GT350 was de-badged in the rear, but there was no evidence of the melted pins. Would you share how this was done? TIA.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Ford Racing offered a factory panel that never had a badge affixed to it that was without holes. Sadly, they had QC issues with it and as such, discontinued it. The panel sold very well and when they pulled the listing the supply dried up immediately.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford

Probably debadged against his will because his car was taken to a touchless car wash place against its will. Heresy what he did :lol:
Sponsored