Sponsored

Death Wobble!!

Edyuly

Paxton supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
so I am going to the 1/4 mile track at the end of the month. The car has a Paxton.in prepararon for this I ordered a driver side gt350 axle hopefully a little stronger then stock. I installed it and now the car Wobbles @ higher speeds acceleration and The car had 0 issues prior to swapping the axle. So I switched back to the stock axle and still get the wobble with that axle also. I swapped rear wheels put my drag wheels and still wobbles feels like driving with a rear flat tire pressure is at 32 lbs. install was done by myself anything I should look for ?
Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
The differential , wheel bearings , cradle position . Keep measuring ...toe , camber and anything else in front of the diff .

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Are you sure the axle is fully seated?

Are you certain the axle nut has been torqued to spec?

Are you certain the rear wheel lugs have been torqued to spec?

The questions may seem stupid to some, but we all know sometimes things can be overlooked OR folks don’t use or have access to a torque wrench and just “tighten by hand”...

OP
OP

Edyuly

Paxton supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Yes fully seated I heard it click in . The axle nut I torqued to 150 lbs . Wheel lugs I never torque always you an impact on them. This has never happened to me probably will schedule an appt tomorrow with an alignment shop

vimal01997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I had this issue after a big burn out on my Performance Pack. Its like the car wanted to drive off the road after got off the accelerator or something. Turns out my driver side rear wheel bearing had to be retorqued because it became loose. Read about it, common problem on these cars I hear. Lift the car up and wiggle the wheel and see if theres any play. If there is, even the slightest in and out motion, you've found your problem. But do let us know if you end up solving the problem because I have a swaying problem on my mustang now :D

OP
OP

Edyuly

Paxton supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Well guys I have double and triple checked everything. So took it to an alignment shop. It’s better but Still there .Just can’t figure this out so I guess I will buy bmr cradle bushing and vertical link hopefully that will take care of it
Sponsored