MadRabbit

MadRabbit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
Any good mechanic will wipe off any finger prints.....

It sounds like this service dumbass (writer) looked at the mileage and printed out the recommended service for that. He should have made it clear it was from a schedule.

KING D
@KingKona
What makes you think his shocks did not need replacement? Did you look at them?
True, but then there would have been a clean wipe mark on the hood, like I said it had been snowing and there was the usual road grime all over the car from driving out in the storm.
Sponsored

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Yeah there’s a special place in hell for those types. I’ve seen it happen to younger guys too but it’s usually women they try to take advantage of. I have zero tolerance for those folks.
Happened the same thing to my wife. Eight years ago she brought her car to a local shop for the state inspection (known for not being particularly honest, but at the time I didn't know that), the car was a beater Peugeot 206 from 1999 with 200.000 Km on the clock, but that was what we could afford at the time.

Mechanically the car was in good shape albeit a little used. Well, they said her that the car could not pass the inspection and needed a list of engine work done. She called me alarmed (knowing and trusting I had done all the work on her car with diligence) so I told them to give my wife the printout from the exhaust testing machine.
Ten minutes later she was out of the shop and the car passed the inspection, never had that printout and they left the hood unlatched in so much hurry they were.

Sometimes you wonder if it's better to go to the authorities but then what, you risk to waste a lot of time and money drilling holes in the water.

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Is anyone really surprised dealerships try to take advantage of people? I mean folks give their bank account information to random text messages/phone callers. P. T. barnum was so right, "there is a sucker born every minute".

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
True, but then there would have been a clean wipe mark on the hood, like I said it had been snowing and there was the usual road grime all over the car from driving out in the storm.
We washed every car that went through the service department.
Yes. They were fine.
So you looked at his shocks? They were not leaking? they passed the bounce test?

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
So you looked at his shocks? They were not leaking? they passed the bounce test?
Oh....yeah.....absolutely.

Wait......

We're playing the "ask a stupid question, get stupid answer" game, right?

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
On doing the recall for 2020 mustang dealer refused to do it say I was tuned
But hold up, do you have an after market tune? I have a 2020 that needed the BCM done for a recall, issue is the brake fluid low indicator might not work when the fluid is low. My local dealer sent out a mobile tech to flash the BCM. While he's doing it he explained that the "flash" actually erases all the BCM and ECM and touches all the control modules so if you have any mods they get wiped out.
If you are not tuned I'd ask what makes them think so, but if any modules show a non-Ford flash update even if removed it's a flag your car is not factory.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
I am even more amazed by how many people have excuses not to change their own oil. I have a bad back too at age 51, my knees are shot from my days as a Marine humping all over the place, breaking my neck in 3 places, shattering my shoulder blade from getting ejected from my 2001 Mustang Bullitt in a rollover and yet I still manage to change my own oil without excuses. Maybe it's time for you to get an electric car. It would require less work on your part. Just saying.
There is no crisp salute emoji but we need one! This is a Marine! I would ask some indulgence from USMC 005 though as many of us are only boots or pukes. You can't expect that level of excellence from the untrained and uninitiated. ;-O

In all respectfulness I spent time with many Marine's here and there, most all were veterans. These folks would crawl on two stumps to open a door for a lady or in other cases crawl miles to stab their enemy in the heart. Have to respect that espirit de corps.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
We're playing the "ask a stupid question, get stupid answer" game, right?
You saying his shocks were fine without looking at them is the absolute definition of a stupid answer.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
You saying his shocks were fine without looking at them is the absolute definition of a stupid answer.
Sure buddy, sure.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Sure buddy, sure.
I keep forgetting you are KING and know everything. I suppose, according to you, the worn out shocks on the Monroe shock demonstrator are just fine too.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I keep forgetting you are KING and know everything. I suppose, according to you, the worn out shocks on the Monroe shock demonstrator are just fine too.
Well, first of all, King Kona is my car, not me.

Second, I have 0 idea WTF you're talking about concerning Monroe.

Third; I've been on Mustang forums for quite some time, and never once seen anyone complain about their shocks being blown. Not once. Ever.

Lastly, if they really did need replacing, the OP would have noticed and not been surprised.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I see some ghost arguments and a few references to King. Can only mean one dude stirring up trouble again. Not sure why you guys bother with him anymore. I made the mistake of jumping back in and arguing with him a week or two ago. That’s 15 minutes of my life I’ll never get back. Never again 🤣

jlchoutex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 401A
It's just cheaper to have the dealer do it. $39 bucks. You can't buy the oil and filter for that cheap.
Sponsored