Sponsored

DEALER WHERE I BOUGHT MY BULLITT CALLED

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Well, there is something amusing about imagining the situation play out just like the OP stated... Dealer (probably a salesperson making calls to former dealership customers) calls and makes their pitch... OP laughs his ASS off! 🤣 After he composes himself, he delivers his clever line... I have NO PAYMENT! The implication being, What?!? You're gonna give me a new car for NO PAYMENT!?!? Salesperson is like, Uh, no way! Never mind!

Idk, just funny to me. I probably would have just said, no thanks, not interested. Bye. But... I guess it's a good story! Even got me to reply. 😊
LOL, I would’ve taken the second part of the deal…the “lower payment”, i.e., “you’re gonna pay me to take the Dark Horse?”
Sponsored

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
435RWHP ON DYNOJET, add standard 15% drivetrain loss and you get 511.76hp
and there is no way im trading
Not to burst your bubble, DynoJets read artificially higher than any other dyno system on the market. Your car probably dynos closer to 405-410 hp on a Mustang Dyno, which is still very fast! Faster than a DH I would put money on. But I really don't like looking at numbers on a dyno, they really don't mean much in the real world. Take your Bullitt to a drag strip and get your quarter mile and trap speed! You'll have a blast doing it too :rockon:

OP
OP
blackk3389

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Get to the choppah!!

Also, here's a HOWTO on BB code
https://www.bbcode.org/how-to-use-bbcode-a-complete-guide.php

Just doing my part to help you. 😀
I’m with you. Come on Bullitt owners, show us some pics!
I’m with you. Come on Bullitt owners, show us some pics!
Here are some pics, doesn't look like its falling apart to me. and the Terminator behind it I've had for 20+ years off the showroom floor it doesn't look like its falling apart either. i take care of my #'d cars and keep them. wash them with filtered water and a rinse bucket. i know a little extreme...lol

and Black BULLITT's matter
BULLITT 1.jpg
BULLITT 2.jpg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Here are some pics, doesn't look like its falling apart to me. and the Terminator behind it I've had for 20+ years off the showroom floor it doesn't look like its falling apart either. i take care of my #'d cars and keep them. wash them with filtered water and a rinse bucket. i know a little extreme...lol

and Black BULLITT's matter
BULLITT 1.jpg
BULLITT 2.jpg
Ironically enough, I was just looking at a black Bullitt that is for sale about 20 miles from me…

OP
OP
blackk3389

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not to burst your bubble, DynoJets read artificially higher than any other dyno system on the market. Your car probably dynos closer to 405-410 hp on a Mustang Dyno, which is still very fast! Faster than a DH I would put money on. But I really don't like looking at numbers on a dyno, they really don't mean much in the real world. Take your Bullitt to a drag strip and get your quarter mile and trap speed! You'll have a blast doing it too :rockon:
thats funny because James tunes a lot of cars in my buddy's shop next door to my office on a dynojet and I've heard the same thing about mustang dyno's. it's like i said before about opinions. this car will never see the strip unfortunately PBIR(Moroso) is no more. and thats not why I bought it. the Cobra has been up and down the strip. because it was convertible I was ejected for being too fast......surrounded by golf carts and asked not to go down any more

Sponsored

OP
OP
blackk3389

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ironically enough, I was just looking at a black Bullitt that is for sale about 20 miles from me…
i went for black because of the low production #'s and the deal on it. less than 10% of BULLITT's are Black

OP
OP
blackk3389

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

its not a mustang but here is a side by side dyno swap on a S2000 same day, same spot, same abiant air temp and humidity. whaaaaat mustang dyno showed 6rwhp more

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
thats funny because James tunes a lot of cars in my buddy's shop next door to my office on a dynojet and I've heard the same thing about mustang dyno's. it's like i said before about opinions. this car will never see the strip unfortunately PBIR(Moroso) is no more. and thats not why I bought it. the Cobra has been up and down the strip. because it was convertible I was ejected for being too fast......surrounded by golf carts and asked not to go down any more
Sorry but ask any reputable tuner a DynoJet will read artificially high. Sure you can run a corrective algorithm in the software, but at that point you are modifying the result. So once again inaccurate. I'm an automotive engineer that subcontracts for a lot of the big manufacturers. There's a reason we do not use DynoJets. Really didn't mean to start something here, just wanted to make sure the information in the forum is correct :like:

Sponsored
OP
OP
blackk3389

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would say James and Lund are 2 of the most reputable tuners out there and they have both been next door. Once gain main subject derailed. There both close enough

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)

its not a mustang but here is a side by side dyno swap on a S2000 same day, same spot, same abiant air temp and humidity. whaaaaat mustang dyno showed 6rwhp more
The problem with DynoJets is they are incapable of simulating the true load. This generally creates a gap between what you made on the DynoJet vs what you will experience under the full load of the car on the asphalt. Again, dyno numbers are just numbers. If you made 435 on a dynojet then you made 435 on a dynojet. If you made 410 on a mustang dyno then you made 410 on a mustang dyno. Like I said in a previous post a quarter mile with trap speed is a much better indication of how much power your car actually puts down to the road in a real wold application. I know I am not the only one here that when someone says they made whatever hp number on a dynojet, its more than likely less in actuality.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I know I am not the only one here that when someone says they made whatever hp number on a dynojet, its more than likely less in actuality
Eddy-current dyno or go home. :)

There's easily 3% error bar, and more like 5% variability. So if you're comparing numbers across cars, if you're within that range you're "all the same".

OP
OP
blackk3389

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i think i should just start a new thread "won't sell or trade my car for any reason"
Sponsored