Dealer screwed up

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
69 428 CJ Mach 1 , 2020 gt350
Finally got the tabs for the car after 2 failed attempts by the dealer that sent them to the wrong address , then effed up the paperwork and also got the about held for the tabs wrong, it`s been a total nightmare.
I`ve been patent through out the process even when not one time did the people at the dealership call me back with info like they said they would, we`re talking easy 20 conversations.
So about 1/2 an hour ago i finally went to mount the plate to the back . I removed the dealer ad plate and they had used huge sheet metal screws that hogged out the mounting holes ( see supplied smaller screw from license plate kit for comparison) but to add insult to injury the dickhead that installed them missed the hole and just screwed into the rear valance.
Well my patience is done. i`m going for a replacement valance.

screw2.jpg

screw.jpg
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Iā€™d be beyond pissed to. A decent body guy can repair and blend that no problem. Thatā€™s a better solution then replacing the entire bumper cover and taking a chance the color wonā€™t match a hundred percent. Unless the fit and finish of the cover is an issue already.

OP
OP
jabberwoki

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
I `m effen shaking now the dude is with a customer so i have to call back in 1/2 hr.
Trying to be calm.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Looks like some glue sniffing idiots working in their shop.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
What a shit show. When you get this resolved post up the dealer so everyone else knows where not to go

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I can all but guarantee ā€œeveryā€ dealership that has ever existed has had these kind of issues.
I work in the industry and see things you wouldnā€™t believe. There is a reason the new guys usually start in tires and lube, even experienced techs. The dealership needs to start slow with an unknown tech.
The good news is nobody will see it. I donā€™t know if Iā€™d repair it with a chance of the paint not matching.
All that said, they need to cut you a check for the damage, whatever that may be. The reason I say cut you a check is I doubt youā€™d trust them to do a couple free oil changes or whatever.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Finally got the tabs for the car after 2 failed attempts by the dealer that sent them to the wrong address , then effed up the paperwork and also got the about held for the tabs wrong, it`s been a total nightmare.
I`ve been patent through out the process even when not one time did the people at the dealership call me back with info like they said they would, we`re talking easy 20 conversations.
So about 1/2 an hour ago i finally went to mount the plate to the back . I removed the dealer ad plate and they had used huge sheet metal screws that hogged out the mounting holes ( see supplied smaller screw from license plate kit for comparison) but to add insult to injury the dickhead that installed them missed the hole and just screwed into the rear valance.
Well my patience is done. i`m going for a replacement valance.

screw2.jpg

screw.jpg
The bigger screw with the hex head is the actual correct licence plate screw. The small one with the rounded head is not the correct one.

However him missing the raised pilot hole is a major fuck up lol. There's more "meat" in that area for the screw to bite into.

Probably the same kid that washed and swirled your car with a dirty ass wash mitt was the same one who installed the plate.

It's this reason exactly that I request that the plates not be installed by the dealer. Just say you have a ritual of putting the new plates on your cars firstor some BS story why and they won't put them on.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I straight told them I don't want them fucking up my bumper. I also put on a sto-n-sho without any front holes.
I'd be pissed too especially since you told them not to do it. Hard to find good help these days.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
No, in my case they actually listened.
Ah sorry I misread. I thought you meant you told them and they did it anyways.

"I'll smash your skull in if you install that licence plate for delivery" Might try this one next time

OP
OP
jabberwoki

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
The bigger screw with the hex head is the actual correct licence plate screw. The small one with the rounded head is not the correct one.

However him missing the raised pilot hole is a major fuck up lol. There's more "meat" in that area for the screw to bite into.

Probably the same kid that washed and swirled your car with a dirty ass wash mitt was the same one who installed the plate.
This was their dealer advertising plate so it was on before I even new about the car.
It's this reason exactly that I request that the plates not be installed by the dealer. Just say you have a ritual of putting the new plates on your cars firstor some BS story why and they won't put them on.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jabberwoki

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
So the manager at the dealership asked me to get an estimate.
I called my local Ford dealership to find out who they used then went there and got one.
I sent it to the manager and his reply was that they sold the car cheap and didn't leave any room to cover these things and would be unable to cover the cost of the repair.
I`ve sent an email to the gm/owner of the dealership group and we`ll wait to see what his response is.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Call GM customer service explain and tell them you have pictures and what dealership said. Hopefully that will get the ball rolling.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
So the manager at the dealership asked me to get an estimate.
I called my local Ford dealership to find out who they used then went there and got one.
I sent it to the manager and his reply was that they sold the car cheap and didn't leave any room to cover these things and would be unable to cover the cost of the repair.
I`ve sent an email to the gm/owner of the dealership group and we`ll wait to see what his response is.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?
They really said that? Wow!
What the heck does giving you a deal have to do with repairing damage they caused?
I guess if they had backed into a tree while doing an oil change, theyā€™d say the same thing....Insanity.
I guess the next time just pay 5K over their asking price just to cover their possible screw ups, ya thatā€™s it.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
You should keep/save conversations in emails or text messages that you have with them. It always helps in these unfortunate dealership fuck ups. Who cares if they sold the car cheap? That's not your problem.

People have no common sense and respect for others anymore. Let alone having these idiots work at dealerships fixing cars, preparing paperwork, customer service, etc ...

Good luck..
Sponsored