Dealer doublecross

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Just wait till the GT 500 arrives. This is sickening.
Sponsored

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear that.

If that is not the case, does it really matter? We'll all get one 'eventually', no?
...and the answer is NO, we all won't be getting one! My dealer forwarded me the email from the District Sales Manager that says NONE will be allocated to the Twin Cities region "at least for MY2019". So, my order that's been in since late March was worthless. As such, the dealer and I changed my Bullitt order to a bespoke '19 Premium pkg coupe (at least this will match my F-150's paint color). So I get to wait AGAIN for how knows long for the order to be inputted. Might as well order the tire chains for it, since it'll likely show up during a blizzard in Nov.[/QUOTE]

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I'd go to the auction and place the winning bid, and then never pay them...write a check for a deposit and then place a check hold on it so they can't cash it..fuck with them for a while before going radio silent.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
I'd go to the auction and place the winning bid, and then never pay them...write a check for a deposit and then place a check hold on it so they can't cash it..fuck with them for a while before going radio silent.
Except you only really screw yourself.:headbonk:
Dealer turns check over to a debt collector. Bad check gets reported to credit bureaus and your score takes a 120 pt dump.
Dealer sells to bidder #2 and then sues you for the difference between your winning bid and the lower sales price. Lawsuit also reported to credit bureaus....

Sorry, one of them great in theory ideas that needs to stay in theory.

Sponsored

Bpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I like it lol

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
So did the OP sign a sales agreement or no?

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
my dealership takes pride on everything they do including customer service surveys. I'd give them a bad report. No dealer wants Ford to know if they are shady.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Another reason to never order a car. Always wait until one is sitting on the lot and not moving, so you can deal. And if dealers are going to order only a few so the suckers will pay up the arse, so be it. Let the suckers get raped. But that dealer sounds shady as hell.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
OP I sent a text to my dealer buddy. He doesn't have any allocations yet but if something comes through and you don't have a car, I'll shoot you a PM.

He is a straight shooter and would never pull this BS, but you will have to travel/have it shipped.

Sponsored

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
OP I sent a text to my dealer buddy. He doesn't have any allocations yet but if something comes through and you don't have a car, I'll shoot you a PM.

He is a straight shooter and would never pull this BS, but you will have to travel/have it shipped.
giphy.gif

Kudos to you for stepping up and helping this guy out.

Cornbinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Velocity Blue (460 HP) '78 Lincoln (460 CID
In your case, if I were you I'd just get a Bullitt from another state and have it shipped or make a road trip home. The dealer I ordered from is 4 hours away and I did that just to avoid the extra 2 weeks of the car sitting on a train lol but I'm more antsy about this car than most.

No, Matt, I don't need a Bullitt as badly as you do. I like the car, and would've really liked to have received it in time to drive to Monterey for old car week/Pebble Beach (as I'm a free-lance writer); but won't put up with ADM and other dealer secret hand-job games for one (call it rewarding bad behavior). Besides, one of the reasons that Plan A was a Bullitt was that it was going to be a deal somewhere between MSRP and dealer cost, as my dealer is a long time family friend that we've done business with for decades. He and his salesman deserve the commission on a $48k Bullitt a lot more than the D-bag dealer that now wants to auction his allotment.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I'd just buy a used GT350 for the same price and enjoy a much better car

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Several of my local dealers are charging AMDs anywhere from $5K to $10K.

My current dealer is giving it to me at MSRP, with a fairly good trade-in value for my current car.

However, wait a year and when the GT500s are out, I am positive there will be leftover Bullitts that can be had for less than MSRP (just like in 2008/2009).

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Several of my local dealers are charging AMDs anywhere from $5K to $10K.

My current dealer is giving it to me at MSRP, with a fairly good trade-in value for my current car.

However, wait a year and when the GT500s are out, I am positive there will be leftover Bullitts that can be had for less than MSRP (just like in 2008/2009).
Soooo....I’m in Vancouver and....how many Green “only” Bullitt’s is Canada getting?? And you think there will be several for sale a year after the Shelby comes out?? What is your current trade in car???
Sponsored