Dealer prices

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Got mine K7834 last week for $3.5 k off msrp. But noticed on cars.com and some dealer sites some are at msrp and some offer almost $6.5 k off within 100 miles of me. Wondering if the ones with most off have incentives some not qualified for or just come on and will low ball a trade. I noticed the autonation ones in different areas offer the largest discounts. I am happy with my deal and just curious.
Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
You might have wanted to shop around a bit. Multiple dealers are trying to get the 2019s off of their lot (including the 19 bullitt). This is likely why you are seeing lower prices. These dealers are also paying attention to the amount of slightly used bullitts being traded in by individuals for various reasons. 3.5k sounds like the minimum break for this time of year on any 2019. This is especially true is you self-finance (through your bank or credit union), and avoid dealer financing.

ALL OF THAT BEING SAID...

If you got the car from a dealer you trust and you got a decent deal on your trade-in, DONT LOOK BACK. The grass always looks greener after your purchase. Personally, I would rather pay a dealer I like a bit more to ensure that: that business is around 7 years later when I need another car, the service department knows me, and I bought a car from a sales-person that was not a snake-oil salesman.

OP
OP

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Makes sense, got a good price for my trade in, some dealers are still msrp or close to it on Bullitt. Was skeptical of the very low prices as it said in ad includes all incentives, dealer financing, etc that not all qualifies for. Gotta bring in for service as trunk liner near hinge on drivers side not secured tried to tuck it under weatherstrip to secure it, ng.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I was looking on car gurus and in ca the cars were discounted to around around 48k. Midwest and east i saw new listed for 43k. 5k difference depending on where you live
Think you could buy at 43k and have it shipped to Ca.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
I was looking on car gurus and in ca the cars were discounted to around around 48k. Midwest and east i saw new listed for 43k. 5k difference depending on where you live
Think you could buy at 43k and have it shipped to Ca.
If he has it shipped, will he have to redo the carb inspection?

Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dont think so. Think all stangs are 50 state compliant
GTN. I know there are a few CA members who are noting the apparent CA surcharge when compared to midwest/southern states.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently even new cars have to get smog checked when titling if it was bought out of state. Not sure if that's enforced state-wide or just certain jurisdictions who refuse to honor the manufacture's certifications. It's probably a nice way to collect some extra tax and hassle buyers so they can be corralled into buying in-state.

Can't be having too much freedom being exercised out there...

Olariu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt; '17 Merc AMG C43
One thing to check is if the "Internet pricing" includes shipping; I was always used to that included in any pricing.. Here in PA that is usually near $1,000 that has to be added back in. When I was comparing prices, a ton of DC area dealers had the best prices, but did not include the shipping. Having said that, those dealers were still $2-3K under our rural, podunk dealears.

duncanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A3, LR4, 01 Wrangler
The lowest I've been able to get in my area is around 48k. So, I'm waiting around for the chance it might go lower into the 45's. If not, wait for 2020 or used in a few years.
Sponsored