Sponsored

Dealer disassembling Transmission 15 GT PP

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
I have been tossing up asking them to get the tranny in the GT350 and ill pay for the difference. We'll see how that goes though.
what's the specs on the GT350 transmission compared to the MT82 ? GT350 revs more but its not making significantly more torque. And lots of folks are running superchargers with the MT82, making 500 lb ft of torque, sometimes more.
Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
^Truth...the don't have to provide new. Just like insurance companies don't have to provide "Original Ford Parts" when paying a claim. They can use a similar product that works/looks the same as original.
That isn't true. Insurance companies must use OEM parts if you request it. I saw a lawsuit where this was challenged and the plaintiff won. Don't let insurance companies push you around! They can use a take-off from a wreck, but not an aftermarket brand.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Read your insurance policy and get back to me. All the ones I've had say "OEM or Like replacement" which translates to "Whatever is cheaper". Good luck getting your insurance to replace your fenders with Ford OEM stamped tins.

So one guy won a lawsuit? Good for him, I don't have that kind of money to fight something so trivial.

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have only filed one claim and my wife has filed one claim and both times any parts replaced were OEM parts. I don't doubt that insurance companies may try to get by with cheaper parts but you don't have to let them!

OP
OP
Don's Ruby

Don's Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR Mustang GT Premium PP
what's the specs on the GT350 transmission compared to the MT82 ? GT350 revs more but its not making significantly more torque. And lots of folks are running superchargers with the MT82, making 500 lb ft of torque, sometimes more.
Not sure on specs but my Dad has a GT350 and i love the way the shifts feel especially under load.

Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Not sure on specs but my Dad has a GT350 and i love the way the shifts feel especially under load.
Cool Dad! :thumbsup:

That's probably the shifter. Aftermarket shifter (e.g. MGW) might make them more comparable.

OP
OP
Don's Ruby

Don's Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah planned on MGW but the transmission in GT350 feels 100x better. Hard to describe in words but it feels a lot better.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Challenger has the 6060. I test drove one of those but cannot remember how it shifted.

http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories/drivetrain/install-2015-mustang-gt-tremec-magnum-xl-swap/

Tremec was also contracted to build the Shelby GT500’s TR-6060 six-speed transmission. The TR-6060, for all intents and purposes, is a Magnum with a remote shifter set-up for the extended shifter location in the newer cars. Tremec’s answer for this was to extend the tail housing on a Magnum transmission, and call it a Magnum XL, for extended length

Sponsored
OP
OP
Don's Ruby

Don's Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE: After another technician looked at it they stated the noise in the transmission was normal. So they never took it apart and I'll be getting car back tomorrow morning. This is fairly strange and it kind of bugs me that I'm having to go through this mess.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
not sure what can make noise when the clutch peddle is pushed. Noisy pilot bearing? Can you test drive a new GT sitting on the lot for comparison ?

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
My EBPP also makes a noise when the clutch is depressed.

Sounds like bearing noise to me. I'm just going to leave it be until it gets louder. I noticed it back when my car had maybe 2k on the odo, and it hasnt gotten any worse.

OP
OP
Don's Ruby

Don's Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what they referred it as bearing noise. My buddy has 15 GT PP for comparison so I'll drive his tomorrow.
Sponsored